I listed some items and said it is pick up only. The person wants me to post to the next state.

I listed some items for sale on ebay which stated pick up only. The person placed their bids and I thought great but then they want postage to another state which they said they can pay but I am too busy at the moment to send via post. What should I do?

Cheers Warren

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I listed some items and said it is pick up only. The person wants me to post to the next state.

If you dont want to post them, Cancel the transaction, and for reason, select something wrong with buyers address.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Seriously, I don't know whether it's the M & M coffee mugs, but don't ever list anything for $1

By the time you pay fees, you'll make about 50c if you're lucky.  Not worth your time.

And now they want them posted?    

haha no.gif.............cancel it.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Tell the buyer that they are pick up only and it was clearly stated in the listing then get them to agree to a mutual cancellation.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

@i-once-was-bump wrote:

Tell the buyer that they are pick up only and it was clearly stated in the listing then get them to agree to a mutual cancellation.

It has to be the buyers request,  or OP runs the risk of still having to foot the ebay fees.  Thats why I would use the address option, as the transaction is instantly cancelled and ebay fee credit commenced.    If you choose the buyer requested option, the buyer  has ten

days to reply to ebay and if they dont want to play nice, then OP will likely lose the ebay fees.

Whats wrong with the buyers address?    It is not close enough to enable buyer to pick the item up.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

OP says they're in another state.

(State of confusion is my guess)

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Hi,

The item is listed as local pick up only so it is expected that the buyer picks up. You have no obligation to send. It is not protected by eBay's seller protection either if you post it but it was listed as local pick up.

My best advice is to keep interaction with the buyer as simple and limited as possible.  Simply message them saying the sale is cancelled as this item is for pick up only, no postage options, as per the listing.  Cancel the sale selecting something is wrong with the buyer's address. (I asked eBay Customer Service this same question today, they said select wrong address)

I've been listing low priced auctions and it seems to be attracting this kind of bidder. I've just had this situation this week with an Interstate bidder winning my local pick up. My listings state very clearly that they're local pick up only, and non pick up will be reported to eBay. The buyer bid thinking they could manipulate me into posting the item to them.  I had already stated immediately that it is pick up only, no post, but they ignored, made no contact until two days later when they went ahead and paid trying to force me to post.  I requested that they email a request to me to cancel the sale.  They wouldn't. I got on contact with eBay last night for advice, and today the buyer responded with a hostile attack through eBay messages.  They've been reported to Trust and Safety.

All this over some lamp shades I listed thinking someone might want them rather than binning them. I listed them for free on another site and no one wanted them, so listed on eBay. 

My mistake was that I was waiting for the four days to cancel the sale as an unpaid case. I've learnt now to cancel straight away as a problem with buyers address.  The angry buyer threatened feedback extortion and to manipulate my ratings. . because they didn't get what they wanted.  They have left a negative and attacked my stars. I now have the process of disputing it.

It's buyers like these that spoil the positive experience of eBay.  We need to be able to block them before they bid. 

I've just written to eBay suggestions tonight to request we have buyer restrictions for interstate buyers, so we can block them on our local pick up only listings.

Make sure you keep all messages with the buyer over eBay messages so eBay can review what has been said. 

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

I just went through this today too.

When you select something's wrong with the address it says "Your order cancellation is pending" and that the buyer has ten days to confirm.

I had asked my buyer four days ago to request to cancel as it is local pick up only, but they would not.  They were trying to manipulate me to post the item. I asked eBay what happens now if the buyer doesn't confirm?

eBay's reply- "when you initiate a cancellation for a transaction buyer has to confirm the cancellation. If you have issued a refund to the buyer, the cancellation will be closed thoroughly. We highly advised you to process a refund to the buyer.

Also, you are welcome not to send the item to the buyer as it's listed as for local pick up only. If in the event that the buyer will open an "item not receive" against you, I can tell you that we will eventually close the case on your favour giving the fact that this was listed as for local pick up transaction. So now, we highly advise you to issue them a refund."

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

@3dropbears wrote:

When you select something's wrong with the address it says "Your order cancellation is pending" and that the buyer has ten days to confirm.

I had asked my buyer four days ago to request to cancel as it is local pick up only, but they would not.  They were trying to manipulate me to post the item. I asked eBay what happens now if the buyer doesn't confirm?

eBay's reply- "when you initiate a cancellation for a transaction buyer has to confirm the cancellation. If you have issued a refund to the buyer, the cancellation will be closed thoroughly. We highly advised you to process a refund to the buyer.

Also, you are welcome not to send the item to the buyer as it's listed as for local pick up only. If in the event that the buyer will open an "item not receive" against you, I can tell you that we will eventually close the case on your favour giving the fact that this was listed as for local pick up transaction. So now, we highly advise you to issue them a refund."

I process cancellations most weeks.  Did 2 yesterday, First was  Something wrong with address,  ebays response ,( You cancelled a transaction, you may relist the item now, You have received a fee credit, Note it may take upto 24 hrs for credit to appear in account).

Second item was cancelled at the buyers request,  ebays response, (Your order cancellation is pending, and the buyer has ten days to repond)

In the second instance, the item can not be relisted and fees are not credited until the cancellation is complete.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

@3dropbears wrote:

I process cancellations most weeks.  Did 2 yesterday, First was  Something wrong with address,  ebays response ,( You cancelled a transaction, you may relist the item now, You have received a fee credit, Note it may take upto 24 hrs for credit to appear in account).

Second item was cancelled at the buyers request,  ebays response, (Your order cancellation is pending, and the buyer has ten days to repond)

In the second instance, the item can not be relisted and fees are not credited u

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

@3dropbears wrote:

In the second instance, the item can not be relisted and fees are not credited until the cancellation is complete.

Wonder if there is a difference if payment with Paypal was made from a credit card or straight from buyer's bank? 

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply