I'm not a prude however... NSFW

Vivid Raw F*** It Brown Mouth Masturbator,

Seems weird to know that my little 8 year old neice checks out ebay. The above item does not use asterisks in the heading.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

So what is an 8yo searching for to bring that up?

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

Neither am I, but just like the 'used ladies panties' listings, I think it goes way beyond accepted common propriety, even in this so called enlightened (loose) age.

Our precious little ones can gain access to far to much of this stuff unfortunately. The mighty dollar seems to win out.

Now flame me!!

melina.

Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

It can be quite innocent. Some time back I was searching for a 'dog comfort coat', the ones you use for dogs terrified in storms. Some of the promoted ads gave me 'other items of comfort.'

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

So, you don't have any control over your child?

You are an adult - you decide what goes.

And besides, it's not like you haven't hear the word before!

Like - Everywhere.

In print, on TV, in everyday conversation, and the chances are  all kids of that age hear it on a daily basis.

It's only a word after all.

And if you are that paranoid about it, lock your computer away, or at least change the password, kinds under 18 shouldn't be on Ebay anyway, since they can't sell or buy anything.

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

@sea.breezewrote:

Vivid Raw F*** It Brown Mouth Masturbator,

Seems weird to know that my little 8 year old neice checks out ebay. The above item does not use asterisks in the heading.

Under eBay Australia's User Agreement, section 3. Using eBay:

"While using the eBay services, you will not: .......... use the eBay services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18 or are suspended from using the eBay services;"

So that 8 year old is 10 years too young to be anywhere near eBay.

Now that we get that bit sorted out, lets look at the appropriateness of the listing.

It depends on whether that title is the name of the product, eBay is a bit vague on this. It appears if that is the name of the product or on the box of the product, then it may be ok. If it is not, then it may be against eBay's policy.

Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

Put the blame where it belongs,  who is responsible for the the settings of the device used by your neice

Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

people are able to sell adult products on ebay. i don't see a problem with it.

i once listed an item of makeup which the actual name was "so f***ing gold" - it was removed by ebay and later reinstated after i proved to them it was the name of the actual product. they will take things down if they have bad language in them just for the sake of it - i dare say that is the actual name of the product. 

as others have said - 8 year olds really shouldn't be looking on ebay - simple fact is, they're not going to be using a paypal account to go and buy anything (even though some hilarious buyers claim after the fact that that is what has happened and want to cancel their purchase / bid). there's better websites you can direct them to if you want them to look at pictures of online shopping products :] i'm sure you know that though.. 

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

Yes correct is the name of the product.

Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

oh gosh, didn't need the picture Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply