I'm not a prude however... NSFW

Vivid Raw F*** It Brown Mouth Masturbator,

Seems weird to know that my little 8 year old neice checks out ebay. The above item does not use asterisks in the heading.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: I'm not a prude however... NSFW

Not suitable/safe for work or NSFW is an Internet slang or shorthand tag used in email, videos, and on interactive discussion areas (such as Internet forums, blogs, or community websites) to mark URLs or hyperlinks which contain nudity, intense sexuality, profanity, violence/gore or other disturbing subject matter

Message 41 of 42
Latest reply

Re: I'm not a prude however... NSFW

"just because you have to be 18 to sign up doesn't mean that nobody else can view it.  If it's an 'adult only' site then there should be warnings on the home page about it containing adult content so that parents know not to let their kids look (without being signed in).  Not to mention that if it's an adults only site then they shouldn't be paying google to show ads for ebay items when people are browsing other sites."

Actually, by law, sex toys are not Adult Only. Sex toys can be sold in brick & mortar shops without any warnings or 18+ restriction. Why should ebay be any different?

Also, what is an 8 year old doing on a shopping site? If she accidentally bought an item adult or not (as many people save their PayPal password and it would automatically come up when buying on ebay), I bet the supervising adult would run straight to the seller and scream for a refund. Why should sellers be inconvenienced and, in many cases, lose money because an adult does nlot supervise their minors?

We are talking sex toys here, not explicit sexual acts. If we want to start protecting people from seeing a piece of rubber, then it is also right that we protect everybody from what's offending them. For example, I may be offended if I see certain books being sold on ebay, or certain religious items, or certain items that resemble weapons, or certain animal products. Who's going to protect me? Where do we stop?

Message 42 of 42
Latest reply