IS A BONE A BONE?

FAUX MEANS FAKE/FALSE.

MANY SELLERS HAVE PUT THE WORD "FAUX" BEFORE THE WORD "BONE"  IN THEIR ITEM DESCRIPTIONS.

IF, TO KEEP EBAY HAPPY, THIS COMPLIES WITH EBAY'S SO-CALLED IVORY POLICY, IT ALSO PROVIDES A LOOPHOLE TO BUYERS.

IF A BUYER PURCHASES A FAUX-BONE KNIFE, RECEIVES IT AND DISCOVERS THAT ITS REALLY BONE, SAID BUYER IS TECHNICALLY ENTITLED TO A FULL REFUND BECAUSE ITS "NOT AS DESCRIBED"

DADDYKOOL

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

IS A BONE A BONE?

nerd.gifJoe, I'm shocked to find you don't normally agree with me  

Message 31 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

I collect coins and I've noticed some people selling fakes (a fact which they don't hide,  they make it very clear they are not genuine). They list them as "fantasy" coins. Could you use a similar type word without mentioning bone or ivory? 

Or, you could list it as "the knife of your dreams!". There has to be some appropriate wording to describe it without the bots jumping on it. Another option could be to leave it be for a few months, even until the new year and then try listing it again. The bots may have moved onto someone else by then.

Don't worry about the trolls. Trolls live under a bridge and the bridge ends up collapsing eventually. Good luck!

Message 32 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

Are the knives in your life dull? What about a humerus knife handle?

Like the feel of a femur in your hand? Then this knife is just the one for you.

Message 33 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

BTW Ivory and bone are two different things. Bone can cross borders but ivory can't. I don't understand ebay's ruling on bone.

Message 34 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

great advice telling a bloke who has been suspended to list the product again , which is against ebay policy  and could get him 6 months penalty  he has been told on more than 1 ocasion not to sell that knife  he sells hundreds of other knifes , he should learn and do what he is told and scrap that knife or call it a faux bone knife .

Message 35 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

it does not matter what ebay point is ,  they dont want there sellers to sell them  [thats it]  its there platform and they dont have to give a reason this bloke has been told a few times this time he got a month suspension . 

ps  its not worth it its 1 knife out of his 100s of other knifes he trys to sell,

Message 36 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

Tell us again Joe.

I'm sure we missed it the first 12 times    punch.gif

Message 37 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

could you keep to the posts thanks  and dont message to me thank you

Message 38 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

Are you the OP?

NO?  - then it is not your thread.

Stop behaving like it is

Message 39 of 55
Latest reply

IS A BONE A BONE?

Ebays policy on bone -

Restricted 

Restricted

• Bone from non-ivory producing, non-endangered animals as long as the species is clearly stated in the listing description and not in violation of the seller's specific state laws

Not allowed

Not allowed

• Bone from animals that produce ivory, including elephants, walruses and whales

Message 40 of 55
Latest reply