Ikea Taking Down Genuine Listings Now?

I'm well aware of the VeRo program however, I am selling a sealed Doona set because I don't need it, Using my own photos, not theirs and it got taken down. I'm not price gouging it either, it was $12 cheaper than Ikea, I can't return it as its passed return period. Obviously this isn't my selling account. Any idea why this is the case now? My listing had been up for ages, wasn't in a rush to sell it knew it would sell eventually.

ikea.jpg

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Ikea Taking Down Genuine Listings Now?

Oh the pain.   And I have been so intent on not wishing to offend or demean your opinion.  You should have read some  of my responses to you, that I thought might be too antagonistic.

Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

It was mentioned only Ikea can sell new items, so listing as new may be an issue. 

Yeah,  finally.   You can not list items for sale, listed as new, in breach of TM or Copywright, without the permission of the property rights owner

Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

Wow so many replies, didn't expect this response I'll catch up now, Yes I didn't post it to keep the mods happy, the company is called "convey.it" They are just a 3rd party brand enforcement for a company I emailed right away no reply yet.

Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

I can understand that however the product is not fake I have the receipt! Other listings using renders weren't taken down, there's LOADS

Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

Yes its new with tags, sealed in packet, other sellers are doing the same thing, you can search them on eBay. Even using renders

Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

The options are
- New with tags
A brand-new, unused, and unworn item in the original packaging (such as the original box or bag) and/or with the original tags attached.
- New without tags
A brand-new, unused, and unworn item that is not in original retail packaging or may be missing original retail packaging materials (such as the original box or

- New with defects
A brand-new, unused, and unworn item. Possible cosmetic imperfections range from natural colour variations to scuffs, cuts or nicks, hanging threads or

- Used
An item that has been worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Message 36 of 43
Latest reply

Okay so when you buy an item Do you own it or rent it? It should be none of the manufactures business what I am doing with the product afterwards, people do this every day, day in day out. I'm not infringing their trademark.

Look I'm not trying to be rude here, I get your point "Only the sacred Ikea can sell "new" products," However there isn't an option on eBay. Furthermore one could argue Samsung TVs from jbhifi are not new as samsung can only sell the new ones. 

Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

JB etc etc, sell with permission from the brands they stock.  They are authorised sellers and products carry full manufacturer warranty.

Obviously you own the doona, but if you list it as new, you are not entitled to use trademarks of Ikea,  without permission.

Best of luck.

Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

@reins-9631* wrote:

Furthermore one could argue Samsung TVs from jbhifi are not new as samsung can only sell the new ones. 

That is the most ridiculous comment in this whole thread.  You are now suggesting that Samsung should setup their own store network.  JB are authorised resellers,  didnt think I would have to explain,  but they buy from Samsung with the intent to resell.   Just like I buy from my wholesalers with the intent to resell.

I wonder if Samsung would copy the Ikea big box setup.  They could expand into furniture and kids clothing ranges. 

Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

I am not an expert on all this but from what I can see, there are a stack of Ikea products for sale on ebay.

Absolute stack.

Some have a close up photo of the ikea label on the items too. 

So it can't just be the mention of Ikea that got you into trouble.

I imagine all you want to do is list your doona set and be done with it.

Maybe take some new photos. Include Ikea in title and maybe add a photo of the label.

List it 'as new', rather than new.

See if that works better for you.

Message 40 of 43
Latest reply