Immediatte payment required & managed payments

I currently have Immediate Payment Required via PayPal on most of my listings.

Would anyone know what will happen to this requirement  once my (begrudgingly initiated) managed payments sign up is complete?

Ebay have said we will update your buyers payments methods as part of the process.

Of course the details of such (to quote Churchill) are 'a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma"!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I think a buyer will still pay immediately and ebay has a hold onto the payment and as a seller you get an option to receive payouts daily or weekly

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

These are the payment options I get when i go to revise a listing:

payment options.PNG

I guess once you get switched over, just double-check that your previous options are still selected.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

These are the payment options I get when i go to revise a listing:

payment options.PNG

I guess once you get switched over, just double-check that your previous options are still selected.

Do you have your payouts transfered to your bank daily or weekly?

I suppose it depends if you sell alot you would get them on a daily basis?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I have mine set to weekly, it's just easier for me as I don't rely on the cashflow for anything.

Immediate payment required is more to prevent non-paying buyers than anything else (i.e. the item can't be sold unless the buyer pays). 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I was forced into managed payments last year and it was really bad with no payments coming thru for weeks sometimes, but it seems sorted out now. Only thing is now almost all my items are immediate payments, which is not ticked and it is really bad to combine items for postage now. My only way is for 1 item to be bought, then literally change other items to special orders with free postage. I never wanted immediate payments required but ebay cannot fix it, and for me they broke something that did not need fixed.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply