Is anybody else finding a slump in sales on eBay in recent months?

I’ve been selling on eBay on and off for about 5 years and in the last couple of months find my sales rate has dropped. Anyone else finding this?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Is anybody else finding a slump in sales on eBay in recent months?

No.

My sales volume and turnover are almost identical to this time last year, as they were last month, and the one before...

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I imagine that a seller who lists pre owned clothing in the auction format would notice "a slump in sales".

Who wants to wait 7 days to see if they have won a used shirt?

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

I agree with tuck, especially if the auction is 5 -10 days.

I often buy second hand shirts and I don't bid on auctions, only BIN and pay immediately.

Then if it's sent the next working day I get it within 3-6 days.

eBay has been slower within the last 6-12 months going by what others here have said.

I get far fewer views and watchers than before as well.

Amazon might have a little to do with it

Also if you list with BIN and 30 days it gives you more freebies every month to list.

image host
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

January is traditionally slower as people are getting over the Christmas splurge and many are on holidays, followed by getting kids back to school.

I managed to increase sales a bit in January, but it was only becuase I tried a bit harder than normal and listed items of intrest to international buyers. Had I sat back and just done the " same old ", sales would have slumped quite dramatically. Sellers need to find items that appeal to buyers while on holidays from their day jobs and vary listings according to the time of year and seasons..

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Just a few hints for selling used clothing

Use brand name in heading

Put measurements in listing

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Wanted to add that unfortunately there are currently over 4,000 listings for a black halter neck dress on ebay and most can be bought for less than $10 from China and free postage-that's what you are competing against so you need to make your listing title pop (use ALL the available characters that ebay allows), and make your description actually be descriptive including all the measurements.

Good luck 🙂

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Yup I have 3 accounts and I just closed all of them. Sales have dropped so much I cant be bothered anymore. Been slowly dropping for the last 3 months to a point where its not worth it. 

Funny thing is weekend markets are going gang busters and earning more and more each week. I regulary get folks saying they wont buy off ebay because its full of chinese sellers selling **bleep** and scammers. Thier words not mine !!  

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Yesiree, we’re down about 2/3rds in lookers and watchers are a precious commodity. Obviously sales are very poor.

I generally agree with Chameleon. It makes sense. There’ll be a lot of re-lists coming up from us.

Melina.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

One thing that worked very well this year was targeting the Chinese market over January. They dont have all of the Christmas / New year hullabalue that we have at this time of year.  I listed a number of collectables specifically of interest to Chinese collectors and this made up around 35% of my sales for the month. It worked so well I have already started to set asside similar items to be offered in January next year.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply