Is anyone else being denied their 3 free re-listings, despite ticking the box, if items don't sell?

sueian
Community Member

After careful checking, all my listings were ticked to be re-listed if the items didn't sell within the 10 day time frame.  My amount of items listed has dropped significantly because the 'free' re-listings just are not happening. I am also noticing that some listings are appearing with 'Make and Offer' against them, which I absolutely don't offer.  How can these changes be made and how can a calculate postage message appear on an item listed as 'free postage'?  I am beginning to feel as though my business, however small, is no longer wanted on eBay.  Can anyone shed some light on what is going on???

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Is anyone else being denied their 3 free re-listings, despite ticking the box, if items don't se

All my listings are buy it now, as auctions just dont seem to work unless you start them at $0.99. 

I am getting the free re-listing on some items, but not all.  How can they differentiate between auction and buy it now.  When they don't relist an item already ticked as free re-list, they make a note that it should be relisted as a fixed price with make an offer.  How can sellers possibly sell items with free postage andf make an offer and make any money for themselves at all?????

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Re: Is anyone else being denied their 3 free re-listings, despite ticking the box, if items don't se

I wouldn't sell that much in three years.  It is becoming apparent that legitimate customers, whether smaill of large are being pushed out in favour of cheap importers who can sell bulk cheap items for next to nothing.  As a small seller, I am ready to give up as these new rules and postage expectancies are getting ridiculous!!!

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

My point was that despite ticking the free 3 re-listing opportinuties, I am still only getting that on a few items and not all that are ticked.  What is the point of getting free re-listings if they aren't honoured?????

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

We bought a brand new computer to see if there were still problems, and the lack of re-listing still exists. 

It seems that eBay choose what is relisted freely and what is not. 

Perhaps the smaller businessses are just no longer wanted on eBay?????  Sadly if all smaller businesses

leave eBay then we have only cheap international items to look forward too.  It is a terrible shame that many small Australian businesses are being sent to the wall.  I loved dealing on eBay, but I am tired of being screwed over for cheap imports.

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

Try clearing out your browser cache.

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

Why should I have to have a shop registration, whereas before I could list whatever I wanted without being disappointed about nothing being relisted for free as offered?  If I can't sell anything, why should I pay eBay for a shop?  They

take enough money from my sales wihtout me paying for shop privileges!!!

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

I'm a small seller, just clearing out a heap of stuff I bought a few years ago with good intentions of getting creative, and I'm still getting the relist 3 times for free on every item. There were a couple of days a few weeks ago when they disappeared so I contacted customer support and they said to clear out the browser cache. Did that and voila! All back to normal. Hopefully that's all it is with you.

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

I would be lucky if I sold 100 items in a year.  If that is their benchmark, why are they freely relisting some items and not others??!!!

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Buying a new computer and starting from scratch, doesn't make eBay honour their promise of free re-listings ifyour item doesn't sell.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

I would be about the same, I'm lucky to sell one thing a week, and am not having issues. If cleaning your cache out doesn't fix it, contact customer support. They should be able to tell you what's going on.

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply