It's Very Quiet

Gee! It's quiet isn't it? Or, is it just us? Our page views are way down.

And, money does seem to be a bit short. I wish politicians would stop 'gobbing off.' I'm convinced they have affect on commerce.

Are we entering a known seasonal lull?

Melina.

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

It's Very Quiet

@twyngwyn wrote:

Hi Melina.....I see 12 listings.

Don't forget that every time you come on the boards people will automatically look at your items. If there is no intention to buy your ratio of clicks vs buys will increase, putting you further down the pecking order...I will try & find the link

I will click to see someone's listings ocasionally but only if they have asked a specific question about them-maybe asked what people think of the way their ads are set out or if they have commented about a particular item number.

But otherwise, never. I wouldn't say that every time anyone comes to the boards people will look at their items, just sometimes.

I know melina has asked questions lately about her listings so that would have increased her recent ad views though.

Message 11 of 40
Latest reply

It's Very Quiet

I'm relieved. Overnite, just like that, our page views have increased dramatically. More watchers coming on and a couple of sales. Wonderful!

Its hard to figure, but being overnite I think the Views would have to be international, more so than Aussie.

Anyway, it's a better day and I hope it is you you guys too.

Melina.

Message 12 of 40
Latest reply

It's Very Quiet

@clubesquire wrote:

Gee! It's quiet isn't it? Or, is it just us? Our page views are way down.

And, money does seem to be a bit short. I wish politicians would stop 'gobbing off.' I'm convinced they have affect on commerce.

Are we entering a known seasonal lull?

Melina.

Go and say that at your local emergency department and see the reaction you get. Things would start moving super quickly, usually by way of them piffing projectiles at you at high speed!

Always assume things will be quiet here. Then if it does get busy, it's a bonus. EBay is not what it used to be by a long shot.

Message 13 of 40
Latest reply

It's Very Quiet

It's sad, because I do think there was a time, business aspects aside, when everyone really enjoyed eBaying and had a lot of plain good fun with it all. I certainly did and there was lots more communication between sellers and buyers of a general nature where you did get to know each other quite a bit. I especially enjoyed this with customers from far flung places. They did too and the cultural exchange was superb.

We're finding that element of cautious reserve, perhaps to the extent of open distrust with most now, certainly until they get to know you a bit. It certainly wasn't there the last time we were selling. It was much more relaxed and the expectations were that everyone would do the right thing. Mostly. Rose coloured glasses perhaps. But, I remember having a lot of fun.

What we've found paramount though, is the high level of bad feeling, malice even, towards eBay by buyer and seller alike. It's very tangible and how it ever got to this I don't know. We've been fortunate, so far, and have only had good support from eBay staff and hope it continues, but as I said in another post, I find myself tippy toing about the place and being super cautious. It's a bit like being macro managed by a tyrant employer with the DCM letter (Don't come Monday) hanging over your head all the time. Arrggghhh! Ever the drama queen. I fret way too much. But it has certainly changed for the worst unfortunately.

Some of the stories I've heard, which I do my best to validate, are pretty out there and there's just too many of them with that 'ring of truth' to be blatantly ignored. Go with caution I think. As I said, sad!

I keep saying too that the people at the top end of eBay must be very clever and supremely intelligent. They simply must! But, to fathom some of the decisions and direction really taxes my brain. I'm far from being an entrepreneur, but logic and common sense usually works for people like me. Why not them?

And, they must monitor these pages?? Surely, you'd think they would pick up on some good 'coal face' feedback, or are those who offer good constructive critique looked upon as serial trouble makers and perhaps penalised in some way were all unaware of? I hope that's not the case,.

Fingers crossed I guess. So far we've been treated well and let's hope it continues. But, I do wish eBay would help others I know are really struggling - good honest people just trying their best, but in some cases treated pretty badly. It's so much easier to be kind to someone and help rather than hinder. It's a good feeling and it's the right thing anyway.

I hope you are all feeling good. It's a beautiful, but hot and muggy day in BrisVegas. Bad storms, like yesterday, predicted for later.

Melina.

Message 14 of 40
Latest reply

It's Very Quiet

Ebay most certainly do not read these boards  even when they say they will.

Lots of complaints re technical issues on this board, but no-one ever answers -

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/Technicalissues

Technical Issues
When you experience a technical issue on eBay, we want to know. The eBay team will reguarly check this board for reported issues.
Message 15 of 40
Latest reply

It's Very Quiet

@imastawka wrote:

Ebay most certainly do not read these boards  even when they say they will.

Lots of complaints re technical issues on this board, but no-one ever answers -

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/Technicalissues

Technical Issues
When you experience a technical issue on eBay, we want to know. The eBay team will reguarly check this board for reported issues.

ebay's technical department's response on board issues - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jOP4P-efc

image host
Message 16 of 40
Latest reply

It's Very Quiet

horror smiley.gif  Every bleedin' time!!!!    

Rick-rolled again!!          over-react-smiley.gif                        

get.gif

Message 17 of 40
Latest reply

It's Very Quiet

@clubesquire wrote:

It's sad, because I do think there was a time, business aspects aside, when everyone really enjoyed eBaying and had a lot of plain good fun with it all. I certainly did and there was lots more communication between sellers and buyers of a general nature where you did get to know each other quite a bit. I especially enjoyed this with customers from far flung places. They did too and the cultural exchange was superb.

We're finding that element of cautious reserve, perhaps to the extent of open distrust with most now, certainly until they get to know you a bit. It certainly wasn't there the last time we were selling. It was much more relaxed and the expectations were that everyone would do the right thing. Mostly. Rose coloured glasses perhaps. But, I remember having a lot of fun.

What we've found paramount though, is the high level of bad feeling, malice even, towards eBay by buyer and seller alike. It's very tangible and how it ever got to this I don't know. We've been fortunate, so far, and have only had good support from eBay staff and hope it continues, but as I said in another post, I find myself tippy toing about the place and being super cautious. It's a bit like being macro managed by a tyrant employer with the DCM letter (Don't come Monday) hanging over your head all the time. Arrggghhh! Ever the drama queen. I fret way too much. But it has certainly changed for the worst unfortunately.

Some of the stories I've heard, which I do my best to validate, are pretty out there and there's just too many of them with that 'ring of truth' to be blatantly ignored. Go with caution I think. As I said, sad!

I keep saying too that the people at the top end of eBay must be very clever and supremely intelligent. They simply must! But, to fathom some of the decisions and direction really taxes my brain. I'm far from being an entrepreneur, but logic and common sense usually works for people like me. Why not them?

And, they must monitor these pages?? Surely, you'd think they would pick up on some good 'coal face' feedback, or are those who offer good constructive critique looked upon as serial trouble makers and perhaps penalised in some way were all unaware of? I hope that's not the case,.

Fingers crossed I guess. So far we've been treated well and let's hope it continues. But, I do wish eBay would help others I know are really struggling - good honest people just trying their best, but in some cases treated pretty badly. It's so much easier to be kind to someone and help rather than hinder. It's a good feeling and it's the right thing anyway.

I hope you are all feeling good. It's a beautiful, but hot and muggy day in BrisVegas. Bad storms, like yesterday, predicted for later.

Melina.

You havnt been back long, but you have got the whole thing summed up pretty well.......Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 40
Latest reply

It's Very Quiet

Never mind Stalks, here ya go.................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVihOxP2QeY

Spoiler
........gotcha.................tee hee

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 40
Latest reply

It's Very Quiet

Here ya go Padster, just for you.

You can thank me later. You're welcome.

Message 20 of 40
Latest reply