Lame excuses from buyers.

Hi fellow sellers,

I had one of my items bid up to 50 dollars on my last lot of auctions on Sunday. Then I  got this in my inbox:

"Hello

I have been having some hacking problems on my laptop and wish to request a cancellation of this spurious bid.

Hopefully it will not be required , but just in case it is , please consider my "bid"
null and void."

I think this is one of the lamest excuses full stop. I thought it was Craig Thompson bidding on it.

I can understand ones account being hacked. But hacking a laptop then of all things opening up this weak individual's account and putting a 50 dollar bid on an item? But didn't cancel his 30 other auctions...... 

Personally I feel people like this peanut that welch on their bids get off far too easy.

They should get negative feedback left by an ebay CSO that is without emotion or fear or favour.

Well that's my 2 cents worth.

MPS

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Annoying but never take it personally. To a buyer, you are just a page with things to sell.

There are some good excuses out there:

l didn't bid, my handbag must of turned my smart phone on and it did it.

l were looking at your listing and walked away from the computer. My budgie walked over the keys, he must of bought it by doing that.

My boyfriend bought that for me but he walked out on the weekend and now l don't want it.

l had a keystroke logger on my laptop and it purchased your 4 shop items.

l didn't buy your ****, l weren't even online that day.

You get used to them after a while and just go with the flow. It's kind of nice to get a really inventive one that you haven't heard before, l get jaded with the same old excuses.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Your reply -

Dear xxxxxxx

Sure, no problem. I understand you would prefer to cancel your purchase.

The method I use for closing a transaction is to follow the case procedure through ebay, hence you will still have the opportunity to purchase by paying within 4 days. Should you still wish to cancel the transaction, simply ignore the case and I shall close it on day 4. This then ensures that my ebay fees are credited back to my account. Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Open a non paying case, this way buyer gets a strike against their account and you are ensured of getting fees back.

If you send a cancellation he may not tick it and you will need to wait 7 days anyway before it's cancelled and you can relist. If he ticks non acceptance, you don't get the fees back and you can no longer open a case.

image host
Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

I'm tempted to leave negative feed back and claim that my PC was hacked by the same person that bid item.

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Good come back, except sellers can no longer leave negs or neuts. And don't be tempted to leave a pos with neg comment as it will be removed and have a mark against your account.

BTW, put blocks in place if you haven't to block buyers with strikes and add this buyer to your Blocked Bidders List. 😉

image host
Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Thank you for letting me know.

I will alert ebay on your behalf so that your account can be suspended until your security issues have been sorted out ]:)

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

:^O Brilliant.

image host
Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Your reply -

Dear xxxxxxx

Sure, no problem. I understand you would prefer to cancel your purchase.

The method I use for closing a transaction is to follow the case procedure through ebay, hence you will still have the opportunity to purchase by paying within 4 days. Should you still wish to cancel the transaction, simply ignore the case and I shall close it on day 4. This then ensures that my ebay fees are credited back to my account. Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

I like it.  I especially like the way you advise the buyer to ignore the case if they still wish to cancel and you will close it for them.  By giving them a reason for doing it this way (fee refund) you take all the sting out of it actually being an UnPaid Item case.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

Oh I DO like the-kazbar's, very much so

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

almost as lame as sellers excuses like, "Oh sorry I went to pack it but cant find it now" or "Ohh must have got broken by the postman".

morale to the story....excuses abound on ebay (from both sides)

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply