Letter Rate postage option disappeared in Sell Similar

When using Sell Similar from an item that originally had a parcel as a posting method, the option to change to a Tracked Letter has disappeared. I know someone complained of this some time ago, and then said it had reappeared, but for me this is a problem of some weeks standing. When this occurs from a parcel rate item, I just choose Australia Post Standard Parcel and adjust the cost to Tracked Letter Rate. I figure this is OK because both have tracking.

More annoyingly when I am using Sell Similar from a letter rate item, the other Letter Rate option does not appear. So if I want to change from a Tracked Letter to an Untracked Letter I have to have 2 windows open, one to list for Tracked and one for Untracked.

I have done all the usual things – cleared cookies and cache, tried different browsers, tried both desk top and lap top (don’t use the app.) It may be OK if starting to list from scratch, but I have a template so like to use Sell Similar. If others have this problem, has anybody worked out a better way around this?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Letter Rate postage option disappeared in Sell Similar

Thanks again for taking the trouble. Yes I tried it on normal Chrome and Firefox and if you change the dimensions to 2 cms thick it does show both Tracked and Untracked Letter Options. Not for 5 cms thick, which is of course Large Letter Rate in Oz. I usually don't bother changing dimensions (only weights) is Sell Similar, as the thickness of the parcel had never bothered eBay before. Now I will just make the standard thickness 2 cms, and the Letter Options should keep appearing. Thanks again - you have made my life easier. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Lordy - what am I thinking. Ignore ridiculous error in last post - 2 cms IS Large Letter Rate in Oz. !!! Sadly the ability to edit out ridiculous errors seems to have disappeared. 

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

OK trialling further, while no dimensions seems to work fine with domestic postage, apparently dimensions are required for calculating International post. As I can't use Flat Rate postage for International Post Parcels (may suit some sellers but not me), I will revert to including dimensions with the thickness given as 2 cms. (The dimensions don't matter for calculating International Parcel Post, as this is calculated on weight. ) This way I can use the same template for all Domestic items (Parcels, Letters Tracked and Untracked), and International Parcels.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I had this issue on the weekend and after a few minutes of trying the option for letters appeared in the list.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Yes I remember you saying that. I have had this problem since just before you reported it - I have listed many items at different times, and it still persists (unfortunately).

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

At first when I tried to change there was no option and after trying 4-5 times the untracked and tracked letter option appeared. I wonder if it is an issue loading the option from ebay.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Just tried and can no longer find the option and only available if I sell similar.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for checking.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Just had ebay call me regarding this issue. They could see the letter option and they said try incognito browser. It did not work at first but when I changed the size down to 2cm it showed. Have not tried the normal browser but the option is there for untracked letter and would disappear when I changed to larger than 2cm.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks again for taking the trouble. Yes I tried it on normal Chrome and Firefox and if you change the dimensions to 2 cms thick it does show both Tracked and Untracked Letter Options. Not for 5 cms thick, which is of course Large Letter Rate in Oz. I usually don't bother changing dimensions (only weights) is Sell Similar, as the thickness of the parcel had never bothered eBay before. Now I will just make the standard thickness 2 cms, and the Letter Options should keep appearing. Thanks again - you have made my life easier. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Lordy - what am I thinking. Ignore ridiculous error in last post - 2 cms IS Large Letter Rate in Oz. !!! Sadly the ability to edit out ridiculous errors seems to have disappeared. 

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

They give you 5 minutes to edit, Siddie

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply