List & Sell 10 Items for Free - A COMPLETE SCAM

The following popped up in my promotional offers today -

List & Sell up to 10 items for free on eBay now!
Pay no insertion and final value fees on up to 10 items. T&Cs apply. Learn More
Start: 10/09/17 13:02:42 AEST
End: 11/10/17 23:59:59 AEDST

I thought great, I have a few extra items to sell.

I listed 10 items.

I checked my account - I was charged listing fees.

Two of my items sold - I was charged FV fees.

I contated Ebay and asked what was happening.

I was told that they had no record of this offer.

I explained that it was on My Ebay under promo offers - not an email which might be dodgey, it was actually on my account.

Sorry, no record.

Utterly hopeless.  Their customer service is a joke.

Beware if you receive this offer.  They are not bothering to honour it.

And what can anyone do?  Ebay have become a law unto themselves.

Message 1 of 65
Latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: List & Sell 10 Items for Free - A COMPLETE SCAM

I had the same experience. The so-called free listings actually cost $1.65 each, and I too realised too late. Can't be bothered trying to seek a refund, especially now that I have learned that eBay will flatly deny the very existence of the 10 free listings that iis on my eBay home page "promotional offers"...!

Message 21 of 65
Latest reply

Yes, it is easy to just give up, isn't it.   That way ebay will get to keep all those $1.65 listing fees without a fight.

Personally I would prefer to ask for my fees to be refunded.....from what I have read on the boards the sellers who are making a bit of effort are being rewarded with refunds of the incorrectly charged fees.

Message 22 of 65
Latest reply

I agree with Lyndal if we do not chase the refund why should they fix the problem it's only an e-mail requesting refund I have two requests in at the moment took a minute of my time $3.30 saved 

Message 23 of 65
Latest reply

$1.65 x how many who can't be bothered to ask for their money back when incorrectly charged for "free" listings or relists? That's a lot of money going into Ebay coffers; As I stated earlier.

Would you let the girl / guy @ the supermarket give you $1.65 less change for your purchases China 2U4U? Probably not!

This is short changing & that is what ebay is doing to us all! Relying also on the "Can't be bothered" "don't care" or "didn't notice" factor

Surely that is financial gain by deception on a lergs scale? Lots of little money gained = A whole lot. As the old saying goes... A penny saved is a pound earned!

Message 24 of 65
Latest reply

Garbage still ebay ripping pepole off  and leading people on ? with these Now makeup Promotional offer " that don't exist ? pages that lead you to nowhere a lot of hacking happening here ?

Message 25 of 65
Latest reply

the link to the Terms & Conditions is now working.

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/5623

Some interesting reading in there.  I took up the offer via my selling page, yet the T&Cs speak of receiving an email offer.  I haven't received an email about this offer.  The start time in the T&Cs is 0:00:00 13th Sept, yet it is showing on my selling page as starting the minute I took up the offer (14:53:23 10th Sept).

Just another example of eBay incompetence.  Sadly, now the norm rather than the exception.

Message 26 of 65
Latest reply

Well that's interesting.

They've already taken some of mine, and I checked the link, which as you rightly say is working now, and lo & behold, supposed to start tomorrow!

So why they've already used some on auto relists is a mystery. Sucked into the ebay (Bermuda) triangle. Smiley Frustrated

Message 27 of 65
Latest reply

I agree that we should not let eBay get away with it. I therefore apllied for and without any hassle  (and to my surprise) received a refund of $1.65 for the non-free "free listing"..

Message 28 of 65
Latest reply

Hi all, 

I've been looking into the issue and wanted to provide an update. In short, we know there have been issues with a couple of fee promotions and the free listing allocation. The team are working to resolve them and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience.

I can also confirm that we will issue you a credit on your next invoice if an error has been made.

Regards

Michelle

Message 29 of 65
Latest reply

I don't believe there is a team. If there is, they need to pull their finger out because apparently they have been "working on it" for several weeks now. 

I'd also like to know why I and a few others had the 100 per day promotion ripped from us mid week in the middle of the day with no warning? I had listed a number of items before I realised, so am now out of pocket those insertion fees. If you were going to take it from some, you should have taken it from everyone.

I was generously compensated with list 10 items for free. When I've used that promotion in the past, the items that sold still got charged FVF's. When I used to use those promotions I'd list higher priced items, so I was then charged a lot of FVF's. I don't trust these promotions now.

As for those having issues with this latest glitch, create your listing and send to draft. Don't send it live. Then go into the app and send it live from there. The app is allowing you to have free listings. 

Message 30 of 65
Latest reply