List & Sell 10 Items for Free - A COMPLETE SCAM

The following popped up in my promotional offers today -

List & Sell up to 10 items for free on eBay now!
Pay no insertion and final value fees on up to 10 items. T&Cs apply. Learn More
Start: 10/09/17 13:02:42 AEST
End: 11/10/17 23:59:59 AEDST

I thought great, I have a few extra items to sell.

I listed 10 items.

I checked my account - I was charged listing fees.

Two of my items sold - I was charged FV fees.

I contated Ebay and asked what was happening.

I was told that they had no record of this offer.

I explained that it was on My Ebay under promo offers - not an email which might be dodgey, it was actually on my account.

Sorry, no record.

Utterly hopeless.  Their customer service is a joke.

Beware if you receive this offer.  They are not bothering to honour it.

And what can anyone do?  Ebay have become a law unto themselves.

Message 1 of 65
Latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: List & Sell 10 Items for Free - A COMPLETE SCAM

I just listed 3 items and was charged for them....date is 22/09/17, bit disappointing, please organize a credit. Have been with you for years and glitches seem to be worsening....

Message 41 of 65
Latest reply

You will have to contact ebay for a credit of the fees.....the boards are run by volunteer members who cannot issue refunds.

If you have been on ebay for so long you should know that they do not read the boards and certainly do not respond on them.

Message 42 of 65
Latest reply

Just went to check as to which items are part of the "promotion" and it's come up as: 

It's a hidden counter.

So now there is no evidence of which items are included,(I know two of mine are and two aren't,but all four will count once they 

all relist).

But are they as there is no evidence to say that they are?

Message 43 of 65
Latest reply

Does anyone have a screenshot of the T&Cs for this promotion? I'm kicking myself, I didn't take one. Now that I've been incorrectly invoiced, eBay Customer Service says the items had to be listed by 30 September 2017. Only I accepted the deal in October and the deadline for listing was 11 October. Mysteriously the promotion has completely disappeared from my account.

Message 44 of 65
Latest reply

@ladeclaration wrote:

Does anyone have a screenshot of the T&Cs for this promotion? I'm kicking myself, I didn't take one. Now that I've been incorrectly invoiced, eBay Customer Service says the items had to be listed by 30 September 2017. Only I accepted the deal in October and the deadline for listing was 11 October. Mysteriously the promotion has completely disappeared from my account.

I accessed the T&Cs from the link in the email they sent me on 28th September.  I will take several screenshots and post them here shortly.

edit:

I am sorry to inform you that eBay are correct (according to this screenshot I just took)

A1A0F1BD-1270-489E-8FC3-25ABBF1DDB9A.png

Message 45 of 65
Latest reply

yeah need to contact them and get reversed .i have had to do it the last few promotions.

just say we made a digital agreement which is legally binding , and they will come around fast..

call centres are a tax write off for them,

just ways they save and make more $ and if people dont see the fes they win again.

so much BSgoingon with ebay atm

Message 47 of 65
Latest reply

yeah need to contact them and get reversed .i have had to do it the last few promotions.

just say we made a digital agreement which is legally binding , and they will come around fast..

call centres are a tax write off for them,

just ways they save and make more $ and if people dont see the fes they win again.

so much BSgoingon with ebay atm.

btw always save thepromo emails they send you for proof and dates to give also screenshot if poss

Message 48 of 65
Latest reply

always have screenshots

Message 49 of 65
Latest reply

I went on livechat to enquire about this 'offer'. Here is part of the transcript of the chat I had with the ebay agent:

Me : Wondering if the Promotional offer to list and sell up to 10 items for free between the dates mentioned is a genuine offer.
09:38:15 UTC Sehgal
Yes it is Genuine offer
09:38:29 UTC Sehgal
The promotion runs from 00:00 (AEST) on 13 Sept 2017 00:00:00 (AEST) to 11 October 2017 23.59.59 (“Promotion Period”).
09:38:35 UTC Sehgal
Items must be listed and available for purchase by 23:59 (AEST) on 30 September 2017 in order to qualify for the promotion

So at least some ebay reps think this is a bone fide promotion ! 

Message 50 of 65
Latest reply