Mark as Posted = NOT sending email to Buyer if not Trackable ????

Well, we are encouraged to NOT communicate with Buyers, so I limit my direct messages and ONLY send a quick "thank you" to their email (not via eBay).

But I've had some questions recently about whether I have posted items. Yet I've marked those items as "posted" in Selling Manager! Ummm... What THE?

I went and checked through my archives and previous sales - it seems that Ebay is NOT always sending that email to buyers that is titled "Updates for your purchases from [SellerID]".

It appears that it sends the "Item Posted" email if you enter a tracking number, or if you use Click & Send. But if you use an untracked postage method (eg: letter) it doesn't send it? It definitely USED to send it, so did something change?

You can check your own - in Selling Manager just look at the "envelope" icon against a line item... and click it to get a record of the messages. The Item Posted one is "Order Update".

Do any of you know what is going on? Am I doing it wrong? Is there a way to make eBay send the messages?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Mark as Posted = NOT sending email to Buyer if not Trackable ????

I have marked it as posted What the! You can mark as posted even if it isn't.
Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

I'm sure they've worked it out after 4 1/2 YEARS..................................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

@putney32 wrote:

Coops if you dont use 'tracking/ C&S' you dont qualify for the automatic 5DSR on communication anyhow, so just send off the emails  yr buyers will love you for it,  ....;-)

Well I have a 5 star DSR for communications plus plenty of positive feedback regarding same.

Every sale gets an email be it letter or parcel (different emails though).

There is a massive disconnect between what eBay say and what actually happens as a rule.

Just doing what the customers appreciate is always the best approach.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

Dazz, cooper hasn't posted for 4.5 years. I posted an untracked item yesterday and I know the buyer received the email because they thanked me for posting and said how much they were looking forward to receiving it. That message arrived about half hour after I marked as posted. I've always received the emails, tracked or not.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply