Markdown manager

So it looks like Markdown manager can no longer be used. I tried creating a sale using the Promotions Manager but either I am totally stupid or ebay just does not allow the old functionality anymore. How do we display an item as being on sale? I just want the old functionality of the old price being crossed out and a sales price being displayed on the original listing. How do I do this via the Promotions manager?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Markdown manager

Thanks for the reply, appreciated, but that doesn't really work for us. We have certain items amongst our items that we can cut prices on and not the others - these may even be in the same categories, so that's where Markdown Manager and it's abilty to pick and choose items and apply % discounts to them worked well for us..

Anyway, hopefully eBay will realize that Markdown Manager was a good selling tool and will re-instate full functionality.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

@pm_automotive_parts wrote:

Thanks for the reply, appreciated, but that doesn't really work for us. We have certain items amongst our items that we can cut prices on and not the others - these may even be in the same categories, so that's where Markdown Manager and it's abilty to pick and choose items and apply % discounts to them worked well for us..

Anyway, hopefully eBay will realize that Markdown Manager was a good selling tool and will re-instate full functionality.

yes, same situation here. Promotions manager is absolutely useless in what it offers at this stage. I have been speaking to our developers and they have advised that incredibly ebay just shut down Markdown manager before the roll out of the newly developed Promotions manager which should have similar functionality. nobody knows when it will be rolled out. It's incredible that ebay is undermining business for us and essentially themselves.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Same issue today, told by Ebay it's a known issue that they're working on. Tried to use promotions manager in it's place but also not working.

EXTREMELY annoyed as we use markdowns as our main pricing strategy. This has cost us many sales today.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I can confirm that it's back up and running. 90% reduction in sales for the day, yay! ๐Ÿ˜•

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Yessss! It's back. Who knows for how long and what will be offered as replacement when it's gone again. Keeping fingers crossed that this stupidity will not continue.

Hope your sales pick up quickly, newandnearnew.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

thanks so much for the heads up! :] probably would never have gone back to have checked. thought it was dead and gone. yay!

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

the new promotions has a major flaw that if and item was on sale and ended you cant put it on sale again for a t least 7 days (skipped price )

were most retailers will run a sale at a % if it does not sell run it at  a higher % straight away  to clear it very useful for seasonal items who wants to be stuck with 1000 sets of christmas lights if you cant run a boxing day sale after christmas the logic is these are  our products so we should have full control of the promotioms pricing same as mark down yes if a new item listed then at least 7 days but not when it was already been up and had a price change because of the previous sale

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Mark down manager not working Same problem finally gave up so no sales .
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Markdown manager is what I would call an absolute usless tool. I have tried some 10 times to do a sale and simply cant get it to work, what a disaster seems like eBay wants to get rid of the smaller users and just go with the big retailers like the ones that got the GST inposed on imports under $1000. For me its getting to the end as I find it very frustrating they have made a very simple user friendly process in a nightmare.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply