Why dont buyers leave feedback??

I've not had many sales, but I'd say half or so I struggle with getting the buyers to leave feedback. I know eBay "reminds" them to leave feedback, but obviously some of them ignore this, or simply can't be bothered.

When I buy an item, I leave feedback as soon as I know if the item is any good or not. Are any other sellers having problems with this? Its got so bad with mine I'm having to contact buyers to remind them, and even then, they're still not leaving feedback!

Everyone who does leave feedback for me only has positive things to say - and I have a 100% score - so why do some buyers simply not bother??

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Feedback is voluntary and some people don't see it as a necessary thing. I'm not that worried about feedback now as I have enough, but I can fully understand why it is still important to you. I'm not sure sending buyers a reminder message is a good idea because that can upset some buyers and they could retaliate by trashing your feedback. Some will suggest leaving it for the buyers first. That may or may not work. Some buyers think, well I've got MY feedback, stuff the seller!

These days I don't leave it until the buyer has left it for me. I'd say around 50-60% of my buyers leave it for me. When I used to leave it first, I rarely got it back, which is why I stopped leaving it first. 

I don't know if there are any real answers as to why buyers don't want to leave it. Think of it as being 100% positive feedback for those that don't leave it. It means they have got their item and are happy with it, so they won't open a dispute or trash your feedback. It doesn't help get your numbers up though!!

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

@jessicadazzler wrote:

I've not had many sales, but I'd say half or so I struggle with getting the buyers to leave feedback. I know eBay "reminds" them to leave feedback, but obviously some of them ignore this, or simply can't be bothered.

When I buy an item, I leave feedback as soon as I know if the item is any good or not. Are any other sellers having problems with this? Its got so bad with mine I'm having to contact buyers to remind them, and even then, they're still not leaving feedback!

Everyone who does leave feedback for me only has positive things to say - and I have a 100% score - so why do some buyers simply not bother??

Good morning Jess you Dazzler !!!

1.Feedback is VOLUNTARY !

2.By "reminding" buyers to leave  feedback you risk receiving negs !

3.You sell,buyer pays(hopefully),you send the item & buyer receives same(hopefully) & the transaction is complete.

4.I would be lucky to receive 50% feedback(buying/selling) & do not worry about it.

5.Refer to point 1. to see why "some buyers simply not bother".

6.Chin up & carry on up the pass to lay siege to the heathen !!!

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

Oooohh cheeky... 😉

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

@jessicadazzler wrote:

you could leave a note in your discription like "please leave feedback as this confirms that you have recieved your item "

and "if you are not happy with your item please let me know before leaving feedback as most problems can be resolved "

but I personally would not push the feedback issue because you run the risk of annoying someone into leaving bad feedback

and if you get any defect on such a low score your selling experience could be short lived unfortunately 

believe me no feedback is better than bad feedback

just concentrate on perfect service and hopefully good feedback will follow

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

The rate of buyers leaving feedback is dopping for me. Traditionally it was around the 80% mark, now its 50-60%.  It doesn't affect defect % as it is a % of sales not fb left.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

@jessicadazzler wrote:

just to add to what I have just said

I have bought hundreds of items from Ebay and there have been more than a dozen that I have not been particularly happy with

not exactly as described , but I have never left bad feedback for any of them

because I do allow for human error , other people may not be so kind

so the feedback that you have not recieved may be from that percentage of people that have not responded

I have found that excellent condition means different things to different people and some people are never satified

no matter how hard you try

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

The rate of buyers leaving feedback is dopping for me. Traditionally it was around the 80% mark, now its 50-60%.  It doesn't affect defect % as it is a % of sales not fb left.

I was refering to defect for neg feedback

If a buyer requests a return for IND you get an automatic defect and potentially a neg. as well

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

raffta1
Community Member

As a seller I leave feedback as soon as the person has paid, as they have completed that part of the sale.

As a buyer I dont leave feedback until the seller does.  

But this is me, so lots of sellers do not get feedback of me.

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply