Why dont buyers leave feedback??

I've not had many sales, but I'd say half or so I struggle with getting the buyers to leave feedback. I know eBay "reminds" them to leave feedback, but obviously some of them ignore this, or simply can't be bothered.

When I buy an item, I leave feedback as soon as I know if the item is any good or not. Are any other sellers having problems with this? Its got so bad with mine I'm having to contact buyers to remind them, and even then, they're still not leaving feedback!

Everyone who does leave feedback for me only has positive things to say - and I have a 100% score - so why do some buyers simply not bother??

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Sometimes I leave feedback for purchases, sometimes I just dont get around to it.  If I get one of those " just checking you got the item OK "  messages I always take the hint and leave pos. feedback. The feedback thing isnt that important to me, but I understand new sellers really need a few feedbacks, and some others just like to collect them. I,m quite happy to humour them. It costs me nothing and if it makes them happy, why not. ?

Message 21 of 36
Latest reply

I always leave feedback for sellers, mostly because my purchases are for multiple items. It's my way of checking off that everything arrived. I don't care if the seller then leaves it for me or not. As soon as I've left feedback for the seller I archive the transaction.

I never ask a buyer to leave feedback. I always check theirs when they place a bid. I've had buyers that have 500+ feedback and have 0 feedback left for others. When I send an invoice, I leave a note to please contact me if there are any issues before leaving any feedback or opening a dispute. That must work because the very few issues I have had, the buyers have always contacted me via messaging, without opening a dispute.

If a buyer leaves me feedback, I will then leave it for them. If they don't leave it for me, they don't get it either. I don't care if they leave it for me now or not. That said, I will usually leave it regardless for someone with less than 10 feedback and for a 0 feedback buyer, I leave it when they've paid, so I can be their first ever feedback 😄

Message 22 of 36
Latest reply

Yeah, that's a good way of doing things.
Message 23 of 36
Latest reply

I feel your pain. If a buyer doesn't want to leave feedback that's their perogitive but I would like to at least know that they received the item and that there's not some problem with shipping (what if it was dropped off at the wrong address? I've had my postman drop off a package at the wrong house when it was intended for me. Tracking marked it as "delivered" but I had to track it down with the USPS). It's only polite to leave feeedback and lame not to. 

Message 24 of 36
Latest reply

@jaggedlittlebill wrote:

I feel your pain. If a buyer doesn't want to leave feedback that's their perogitive but I would like to at least know that they received the item and that there's not some problem with shipping (what if it was dropped off at the wrong address? I've had my postman drop off a package at the wrong house when it was intended for me. Tracking marked it as "delivered" but I had to track it down with the USPS). It's only polite to leave feeedback and lame not to. 

Jessica's pain has probably gone away in the three years since she last posted on the thread. She is no longer a registered ebay member and hasnt checked in to the forums for over two years.

Spoiler
But i'm still here......Sad reflection on my life really isnt it ????         Smiley Sad

I suppose one thing that has not changed is that buyers often still dont leave feedback and thats OK. It is not compulsery and completely up to buyers and sellers if they choose to leave feedback. Many buyers just want to make a purchase, recieve their item as described and move on. Its just a simple online purchase, not an excercise in social engagement.

In answer to your question as to " what if it was dropped off at the wrong address ". Trust me you will hear about it......Smiley Very Happy

Buyers are very quick to hit the item not recieved button these days even if the item is only held up in postage and a day or two late. Not only will you hear about it, but often you will have to refund the buyer for the item cost and postage costs, unless tracking shows the item was delivered to the buyers post code.

Message 25 of 36
Latest reply

G'day from down under,you're on the AU boards and also this thread is over 3 years old so the OP probably won't be coming back to reply.

Message 26 of 36
Latest reply

Where the hell did you come from chameleon LOL

Message 27 of 36
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Where the hell did you come from chameleon LOL

Well .................when a boy chameleon loves a girl chameleon very much .........they..................um...

Spoiler
Well best to speak to your parents or a teacher about the rest.......Smiley Very Happy
Message 28 of 36
Latest reply

Haha I meant you must have typed your sneaky fingers to the bone and beat me to a reply because ya weren't there and then ya were lol

Message 29 of 36
Latest reply

Spoiler

Amazing creatures... beautiful, prehistoric magnificence, with a look of ancient knowledge in those eyes of telescopic sand-dotted all-seeing wonder.

Message 30 of 36
Latest reply