Messages from buyers

Why are so many buyers contacting me that if they win the bidding will I combine postage? when these potential buyers never ever even make a bid when I tell them yes I do combine postage as it's in the listing.Have any of you sellers out there had this happen too you?
Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Messages from buyers

Sorry to say the lunatics (buyers) have taken over the asylum, and they believe they can get away with it.Selling on ebay is not a level playing field anymore, the buyers hold all the cards with a spare couple of aces up their sleeves courtesy of ebays new 6 month money back guarantee, it is a get out of jail free card.I have found over the years if a buyer is asking silly requests like you have received, exercise extreme caution, even to the extent of placing them on your banned list so they can't purchase, anyone waving a red flag at the start will undoubtedly turn out to be nutter.I had a case this year where a buyer kept on annoying me to reduce the price to her best offer, which was considerably lower than my listed best offer.Eventually she bought it, then 1 month after purchase and receipt, opened up a pay-pal dispute on the grounds the goods were not as described(the item condition was as stated in the listing), but all would be forgiven if I gave the buyer a refund, wait for it ! the amount would of reduced the purchase cost to the buyers lowest best offer ! Its a scammers paradise out there ! I'm waiting for the discussion boards to light up soon, with Dvd and Cd sales gone belly up and returned for full refund under the new policy, when we all know the buyers just bought the merchandise  dubbed the dvd/cd onto a blank and returned for the $$$.Take care !

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

This is all too common these days, the buyers are behaving like spoilt kids,who, when they can't get their own way , behave in the manner you have described, and ebay is encouraging it by the new , '' do as you please, 6 month refund rule''.If ebay's income was on a downer, it's now  heading for the cliff.My sales nose dived early this year when news of the ebay hacking scandal broke.Alot of reputable buyers left,(along with that all important item called Trust) ! fearing their passwords  would be compromised, the buyers that were left saw an opportunity to exploit the sales platform.This year I have had a 500% increase in time wasting,non paying, cancelling ,scamming idiots, who shouldn't even hold a bus pass let alone membership to buy on ebay.Throw into the mix, selling scammers and dodgy bidders, the lunatics have well and truely taken over the asylym.My own website is looking like a new reality each and every day I read postings like yours !! 

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

It's not just a matter of believing they'll get away with it; they are getting away with it and eBay couldn't give a rat's ar$e. The last time a buyer incorrectly marked my DSRs low I complained bitterly to eBay and they basically said that while they agree that the buyer has done the wrong thing, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it. Oh really? So he's entitled to screw up my DSRs and reputation and there's not a bloody thing I can do about it except add a warning for other sellers to the feedback I left for him.

I've honestly had a gutful of this place and most of the buyers we have to deal with. They want the bloody earth but aren't prepared to pay a fair price for it, and if you don't accede to their demands, they monster your DSRs or feedback in retaliation, all with eBay's blessing. I think eBay forgets who pays their bills sometimes. Hint: It's not the bloody buyers! I said I was going to pull the plug when the new policy came into effect but I stupidly relented and changed my mind. Well not any more. Anybody who thinks they can make a living selling in this place has rocks in their head IMO. 10 years ago, maybe, but not now.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

Plainly time wasters that are dreaming, real buyers with real cash are not about anymore,anyhow.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

That's because the more astute buyers are doing most of their purchasing from far cheaper sites such as AliExpress, which is now bigger and far more comprehensive than eBay ever was. You can't blame people for doing their shopping there when equivalent prices for exactly the same items are up to 50% cheaper than those being sold on eBay.

It's not the seller's fault this is happening either. It's eBay's complete and utter greed with their exorbitant listing fees and FVFs, particularly their most recent avaricious grab on postage, which is totally unconscionable as far as I'm concerned, and from where I'm sitting it was just another nail in their coffin.

With a few minor exceptions, I stopped buying on eBay a long time ago, and I think the time has come to give selling a miss as well. By the time I deduct my cost price, I'm essentially making next to nothing while eBay are taking the lion's share of what minimal income I've been making on this site, and I'm over it. As far as I'm concerned, eBay can bite me.

Furthermore, if they think they're going to control the length of time I accept returns or give refunds, they're very sorely mistaken, as I absolutely refuse to comply with a policy which is illegal under Australian Consumer Law, and consequently null and void, no matter what they say or believe.
Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

Awww, schitt CQ, that really sucks. What a farging icehole. I have learned I have to be brutal, even more so now with these new policies. Sure, it might mean lost sales at times, but I'd rather something get relisted 10 times than be trashed or ripped off. No-one gets the benefit of the doubt any more. I know that might sound harsh, but it's just the way it's got to be. I'm taking no chances.

Hopefully it won't take long until your stars have their little right arms back. At least other sellers will be able to see who it is and what they did and can make their own decision. Unlikely he'll buy anything from me, but he's still got a front row seat on my special party list.

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

Sheepy, I'm afraid I'm not going to be around long enough for that to happen. I'm so piste off about my scumbag buyer that I'm going to pull the plug when I've run my inventory down a bit further and give away selling altogether. I only did it for something to do anyway.

I just can't believe the rotten ba$tard gave me just 1 x DSR star in every category on both bloody items! The defects showed up on my dashboard today, and I'm absolutely ropable about it. Especially as I sent the items the same day he ordered them, and undercharged him on postage as well!

I was all set to write a pretty scathing complaint to eBay earlier tonight, but figured there was no point, even though I can prove that I sent the items when I did and charged $2 less postage than he should have paid.

Ebay don't care, and those bloody defects will sit there for a whole year now and I don't think I can stand having to look at them every time I do my selling figures, knowing that they were totally malicious and given purely in retaliation for not giving him a discount.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

I've started telling buyers combined post is not available and its made no difference at all to my sales. they still dont buy!

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply