My worst week in 8 months

Hi all,

I have had virtually no sales this week which has become my worst week in 8 months.

I was just wondering if my listings are showing up properly?

Has anyone else noticed a big drop off lately?

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I find that increasing your prices seems to make a difference and either makes eBay expose you more (since they get more fee $$), or makes people realise they better buy sooner before you raise them again.

I agree that raising prices very often works as well or even better than lowering them. T%his is especially true of the cheaper items, it is as if you think they are more valuable then so does the buyer.

I have also found people who pay a higher/fair price complain less than people who pay a low/bargain price peoples perceptions of an item does effect how much they enjoy it and price is very much a factor in that

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

February will be my worst sales month in the 5 1/2 years I have kept records for.

There was only one lower month (and I was away for 2 weeks).

Not only that, but I would have double the amount of items listed than I had 2 years ago & triple what was listed 4 years ago.

To be honest if it keeps going in this direction (it's not just February) I can see the day where I'll be looking for another job (after selling on eBay full-time for 12 years).

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

I was doing well in February, come March however I'm still on zero and it's now the 3rd (albeit 1AM as of posting). Give it until the 10th and I might get a sale. Or an INR/refund request knowing my luck!
Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@clarry100 wrote:

On Friday we had one single sale.

On the very day first day we sold anything on ebay back in 2011 we had one single sale.

Since that day this has never happened again until Friday.

I know Feb-Mar is usually the quiet time for us but its a worry when it dips this low.

We are thinking we will see ZERO sales days this year.

This is supposed to be our mainstream income.

On the upside our ebay fees will be low too.

CLARRY,     I, ll match your zero sales day and raise you a zero sales week.....( OK so you can probably see I dont play poker but you get the drift ) ....Smiley Very Happy

Last week our smaller store had ONE SALE FOR THE WEEK of $18.95. I was absolutely gob smacked as this store can easily turn over $1000 and 30 or 40 sales in a week. Its a bit better now, but not great. My other store has been pretty quiet too.

I should stress that I havnt done any serious listing of new items for many months and are just running down old listings, some of which have been there for several years. I suspect if I got off my bott and started listing, things could turn around fairly dramatically.

I have done fresh listings on the private acount with the ebay freebie auctions and these have gone very well, so there is still buyers out there for the right items.

The reason I havnt been keeping the stores fresh is that I have been building up a sheep grazing business over the last couple of years, to replace some of our internet income. This has reached the point where it is taking a lot of my time as we are still leasing new properties which all require fencing and stocking. Sheep prices are currently good and the season is being kind to us, so fingers crossed.

I have to admit it makes a nice change to sitting behind a computer desk, and people are commenting on the fact that I have lost weight. ( its hard physical work )  so something good has come of it already........Smiley Very Happy

Just thought I would post an update. I finally got off my bott and spent a day listing, with many of the new listings on the smaller store mentioned above. This is the first day I have spent listing in months, but I had to do something or my store would just slowly fade completely out of sight. Result SALES ON THIS STORE FOR THE LAST SIX HOURS $310.00, sales for the week $325.00. All of the sales today where old listings. None of the new stuff listed.    WHAT THE  ........ ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

February was the worst I've had since beginning selling a long time ago! One week my sales report showed I had a -60% growth rate!  Guess I won't be giving up my casual work any time soon! Maybe its time to wind down and stop stressing about eBay! Cat Frustrated

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

I've just had two of my best months ever on one ID. This week has been a record week and I've sold more than I did in the months of July, Sept, Oct, Nov, and January (even though January was a record month in itself!).

Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

Is it worth selling on here any more. I do not do this as a business but am selling off some rare records. If I do sell any I may as well give them away.

i just don't understand it as it's really good stuff, but people are not even looking.

Andy

@cushioncovers wrote:

Hi all,

I have had virtually no sales this week which has become my worst week in 8 months.

I was just wondering if my listings are showing up properly?

Has anyone else noticed a big drop off lately?

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

All okay with my sales, but I'm wondering whether it's the reason they have put on the UNLIMITED free listings ..... Starting yesterday and finishing Sunday.    That means you can list as many items as you like in that time.    I've never known this happen before.

I've been taking off listings and re-listing them to take advantage of the 3 free auto-relists.

Just in case you missed it  .......   http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/3211

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

Sales are dropping. I think it is because eBay has let the big retailers sell on the site. Also like some sellers have mentioned wondering if items are coming up on search. I search for something and get warning in red that we don't use that search method anymore. What has eBay done???????

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

Sold 4 items, made $65 since 1/3 (not counting postage). Bonus points for eBay currently giving me the sign-in loop as I attempt to list more items tonight.

Oh well, it would be a waste of time listing anything over Easter anyway due to AP being closed, and good old eBay with its estimated delivery dates would probably expect things to be sent and delivered by Easter Sunday anyway.

Wake up Australia [Post].
https://www.savingadvice.com/articles/2016/03/21/1040540_is-the-post-office-open-on-easter.html
Message 30 of 33
Latest reply