Need help from expert seller about new promotion listing

Some expert seller is using a new promotion listing as picture 1 shows LIST PRICE $80.95.  Picture 2 is a normal promotion listing shows the price WAS $89.99.  I contacted eBay a couple of times, they said these two promotion listing are same, just randomly show up LIST PRICE or PRICE WAS.  But I know it's not true. I know they are different!!! Can anyone give a correct answer, please?

微信截图_20191223233454.png微信截图_20191223233350.png

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I have no idea why you are comparing different items from different sellers.

Can you explain please?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply. I just want to know how to do a promotion listing like Picture 1 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

To state the obvious, the first is Promotion on a variation listing and the second is on a single item.

Apart from that I cannot see a difference.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

It took me a while to work out what you are trying to say, but I get it.

The first listing shows the reduced price from " list price " the second shows the standard " sale " price that shows when a seller uses the " sale " feature normally available to sellers. Sorry I cant answer your question, I only know how to do the reduced price in the second photo, but well spotted, I havnt noticed this little gem before.

There are different listing formats even in Australia and what one Australian seller can see when listing an item is not always the same as another Australian seller listing the same item can see. These different listing formats seem to have just been randomly issued by ebay and dont always involve a seller actively selecting one format or another.

It is probable that Chinese sellers and possibly some very large proffesional sellers have access to more advanced listing tools than small, regular, Australian  sellers and can do things, not always available to smaller sellers..

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Seeing as you are a store holder, go into markdown manager and you will see the options available to you.

But as stated, one is a variation listing and the other a regular listing.

image host
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

It just looks to me that they have lowered the original price. I don't see the problem.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

They are both using markdown manager, but the first seller gets tools and privileges your average seller does not - notice also that they have a graphic of their logo that shows in search results, like many other big box retailers. This is not an option available to your general store holder or subscriber. 

A lot of these little extra advertisements appear randomly, or if it is not random, eBay has not shared the details of how / when they will appear. My best guess would be having to sign up for eBay deals - however, be aware that submitting your listings to eBay for consideration can sometimes result of there being automatic restrictions on the quantity of items being purchased by individual buyers; this can be 1 per customer, or 4 per customer, it depends on your abvailable quantity, I believe (eBay do this supposedly to help ensure featured items can be purchased by a larger number of different buyers, but it can affect items that were never featured). 

https://submissions.ebay.com.au/

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Digi, it is lovely to see you back again.....Merry Christmas.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Was wondering just recently about you, Digi.

Welcome back and Merry Christmas   Related image

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply