New Australian Post RIP OFF

I sent an item in 3 kilo satchel & it was returned to my local post office about 8 days later..

The post office left me a collection card with request for $13.40 return postage charge !!!

The tracking showed the parcel was delivered but there was a problem with either

wrong address (no it was correct address) or the buyer not home & failed to collect at post office...

So where do we stand as sellers? we either retrieve the item & pay the return post fee or refund the seller and leave the parcel

with Aust. Post?

either way we loose...

Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: New Australian Post RIP OFF

Just wait til Australia Post increase the stamp prices from 70 cents to $1..

Man I bet you it will be hell for them. I've already increase my price by 0.50cent to account for the fees I will face by eBay's fees on postage as well.

Message 11 of 57
Latest reply

I had this same thing happen a few weeks back. RTS, I had to pay the postage to get the parcel back. I contacted the buyer, they confirmed the address was correct and they did not get a card.
The tracking showed that the parcel had spent 3 days at the buyer's post office.
My postie took the parcel and put it back in the mail bag. l rang Aust Post, grizzled and got sent a money order for the second lot of postage that l paid (the returned part).

Message 12 of 57
Latest reply

Australia Post is a disgrace at the moment. I sent parcels last Wed from Melbourne. One going to Sunbury (metro suburb in Melb), one going to ACT. The ACT parcel arrived yesterday, the Sunbury parcel has still not been delivered. Lodged at the post office. 2 weeks prior 3 parcels going to Metro Melbourne suburbs, one 10 mins away took 8 days to be delivered. The delivery service is a joke!

Message 13 of 57
Latest reply

I had a parcel sent RTS a few years ago that had a postage charge card attached.

The parcel had been sent a few weeks earlier and got lost in the system somewhere so I lodged a missing parcel report and sent a replacement to the buyer. They received the replacement parcel and then a few days later the original parcel turned up so they marked it RTS and sent it back. I couldn't believe that Aus Post had the cheek to ask me to pay for another lot of postage. I just picked up the parcel off the counter, told the staff that I was not paying it and if they had a problem to ring their customer service staff, and walked out.

Message 14 of 57
Latest reply

I go into the aust post site type in postcode to postcode weight and size  it then says $11.95  tell ebay customer ,

Take tha acctual goods to the post office same size same weight and coges. NO Changes like signature and $18.50 work that out ! The  opperators didnt beleive me ,i said do the calcs on your phone !couldnt explain   Ripp off once again

Message 15 of 57
Latest reply

Want to try the aust post web site get a price the go to the post office and 50% more! Same size same weight and postcode to postcode ,no changes like signature DISGUSTING RIPP OFF imagine a couple of 1000 times a day.
Especially pricing in this covid enviroment where you get a price for a Ebay customer
Message 16 of 57
Latest reply

Nothing to do with the situation FIVE years ago, when all pricing was by weight.

It is now by size if you use standard AP products to send.

I suspect you have used your own packaging, in which case anything over 500g is charged by weight.

The prudent thing is to actually apprise yourself of how the postage system works, rather than claiming rip-off.

And the ethnic origins of the PO staff are irrelevant.

Message 17 of 57
Latest reply

Total ripp off you do the calcs on austpost site then go to the post office and 50% more and today 7 grams more over a kilo and $3.50 extra
Message 18 of 57
Latest reply

Total ripp of between thecaus post web and the post office and atvryde putney 7 grams more and $3.50

Message 19 of 57
Latest reply

Then, as I suggested, use AP products. They are fixed price up to 5kg.

For 7 grams, I would cut the corner off something. You obviously didn't weigh the item properly. So the problem is with you and the way you take measurements. Which needs to include PACKED weight.

It is NOT a rip-off when you don't take the time to understand the rules.

Message 20 of 57
Latest reply