New Australian Post RIP OFF

I sent an item in 3 kilo satchel & it was returned to my local post office about 8 days later..

The post office left me a collection card with request for $13.40 return postage charge !!!

The tracking showed the parcel was delivered but there was a problem with either

wrong address (no it was correct address) or the buyer not home & failed to collect at post office...

So where do we stand as sellers? we either retrieve the item & pay the return post fee or refund the seller and leave the parcel

with Aust. Post?

either way we loose...

Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

@i-once-was-bump wrote:

What is wrong with Fastway?

Here you go bump :-

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Problems-with-Fastway-Couriers/td-p/9/page/32

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 51 of 57
Latest reply

I have read the 10 years of posts in that link and if you take out the griping between members there are not a lot of complaints over 10 years.
I did enjoy the read.

Message 52 of 57
Latest reply

You must be a shareholder in Fastway Couriers?

Message 53 of 57
Latest reply

If you are the seller and making a claim after eBay/PayPal has refunded the buyer for the loss, they will only pay you the wholesale value of the item, not the sold value of the goods.

I would be more inclined to send a $5000 item using TNT or Toll not Australia Post and definitely not 'LostWay'.
Message 54 of 57
Latest reply

@offroad7400 wrote:
If you are the seller and making a claim after eBay/PayPal has refunded the buyer for the loss, they will only pay you the wholesale value of the item, not the sold value of the goods.

I would be more inclined to send a $5000 item using TNT or Toll not Australia Post and definitely not 'LostWay'.

LOL at TOLL i would not use them for anything they have been hacked 3 times alone this year and have had to shut their systems down.   Not the best mob of secuity for their systems

Message 55 of 57
Latest reply

Point taken. Our suppliers use TOLL and delivery times are still acceptable, provided you can find where they are/were/will be ! I think they have now perfected their back up paper system faster than fixing their IT system !
Message 56 of 57
Latest reply

@offroad7400 wrote:

2 weeks ago Mr Tippy bought an item coming out of Melbourne. We are in central NSW. I nearly puked when he got a tracking number for Aramax (Fastway). He bought on the Friday, it arrived 9am on the Monday. I thought just coming from Melbourne would have been an issue in itself.

My previous experiences with them have also been good. Items coming from a medical supply company in Qld (on eBay), arrived overnight. I am acutely aware that I am in the minority though.

Message 57 of 57
Latest reply