Non paying buyer

When a buyer doesn't pay... many emails later,.... eBay opens an unpaid item case, which buyer ignores -  and that buyer continues to NOT pay for many of his "purchases" but retains his 100% feedback rating. This is not right. People ae being caught and wasting so much time on this sort of thing. WHY can't you leave a negative feedback for a NON-paying "buyer"?

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Non paying buyer

@au_bargain_au wrote:

Starting to get off topic here. Can we forget about the policy of typing usernames....I totally get it now.

Other then the seller may have a problem with me in the past, any other reasons why they do it?

why people don't pay?

people don't realize that they're making a committment to buy the item.

Lots iof people, just don't know the law.

People confuse shopping on eBay with shopping B&M style where they can push the trolley round for hours loaded up with stuff so no one else can buy it, then they decide later on what they want to buy and put the rest back.

They think its as easy as saying, "Oh, I changed my mind, don't want it any more" and don't understand why you can't just move on.

They aren't able tio think of how this effects others from their selfish viewpoint of "it's all about me"

They don't realize that they're breaching a legally binding contract.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 31 of 38
Latest reply

Im writing this as the seller.

My account details do not go to the buyer unless I request it to be sent. 

Message 32 of 38
Latest reply

The buyer gets your name and address as soon as they commit to buy.

Your email address and phone number take a request, but they still have your basic information.

Which could well be another reason - gathering data for future scams.

Message 33 of 38
Latest reply

This is a big issue going around. Ebay needs to make changes to the way buying is done.

I have sent ebay an email with my concerns and suggestions to how things could be amended. Lets just hope for our sake they do something about it.

Message 34 of 38
Latest reply

hrmmm thats not good is it. Lets hope they cant do much with it. 

Message 35 of 38
Latest reply

@au_bargain_au wrote:

This is a big issue going around. Ebay needs to make changes to the way buying is done.

I have sent ebay an email with my concerns and suggestions to how things could be amended. Lets just hope for our sake they do something about it.

You can make changes to the way you sell. Be proactive. Don't wait for eBay to sort it for you.

List BIN's with instant payment required.

Quick and easy, it stays on sale until the item is payed for.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 36 of 38
Latest reply

I have trialled that (immediate payment required) on higher priced items on a few ids with some very pleasing results
Message 37 of 38
Latest reply

I've learned not to name a non-paying buyer/bidder and been chastised for doing so, but why doesn't eBay chastise (or ban) the person whose user name is a (very) thinly disguised four-letter word (beginning with 'f') which is what my scam buyer had as an ID. (Different rules for sellers and buyers?)

Message 38 of 38
Latest reply