Not having a search button in our shop makes it harder to find things for both the customer and me

I like the new shop look but not having a search button for customers/buyers to find a specific item and in my case a individual player, personality, band or team now means they have to search manually through all my items which I know will turn them away plus even for me to make a revision or item check having the search button was great and made things easier to find. Kind regards peter 😉 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Not having a search button in our shop makes it harder to find things for both the customer and me

I have sometimes wondered whether that Ryan Giggs bloke is any relation of the well-known Australian racing identity, Gottupfer Giggs.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

When in your store the main  search bar becomes an internal search bar.

If you look you will see that the search bar says Search within this store....it is not the general search bar and will not bring up listings that are not in your store.

Snap Stawks....should have read your post before jumping in to reply.

This is the system in use on a lot of overseas sites.

That is only partially correct.  It only becomes the store search for the first search you do, it then reverts back to a general search and you have to reclick on the store to search the store again. 

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Why wouldn't you use the back button?

I do

Takes you back to the search bar for the store.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Why wouldn't you use the back button?

I do

Takes you back to the search bar for the store.

Because I shouldn't have to take extra steps to search a store.  It considered poor coding if a site require you use the back to carry out a function, and one thing is certain, eBay are masters at poor coding.

You and Lyndal may know that the store search is the main search bar, but many casual users would not know this as its not immediately obvious were to look (hence the number of time this question has been asked),.unlike previously when the store had the search button clearly visible and front and center.

Further, now if you use the My eBay Account Preferences out-of-stock-option your zero stock no longer shows up in a search of your own store.  This was a quick and convenient way to restock a few items using the item revise, now you need to search for them in the Seller Hub.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply