Poor image quality

Has anyone else noticed their image quality degrades, mostly the colours are duller if you list your item using the app? It doesn’t seem to happen using the website but it takes twice as long doing so. Accurate colours are important to my listings
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Poor image quality

It's a compression issue, in the main.

eBay will compress images when they are uploaded, and they also serve compressed images on mobile devices so many images will look worse on the app than they do on a PC (presumably it's for faster load times and data conservation for mobiles etc). 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Poor image quality

I have heard about far too many problems with using the app to ever want to try touching it

We do have some very clever and cluey members here though, so someone might have some good suggestions to help

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Poor image quality

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I don't know about using the app either.

But you only have 12 listings atm, so what's it matter if it takes longer to use

the full site, if it gains you a better pic?

And as an aside,  the colours may show up better if not photographed with grass

and/or a wooden fence in the background.

Try for a neutral background that's not so busy, so as to detract.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Poor image quality

It's a compression issue, in the main.

eBay will compress images when they are uploaded, and they also serve compressed images on mobile devices so many images will look worse on the app than they do on a PC (presumably it's for faster load times and data conservation for mobiles etc). 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Poor image quality

The items actually stand out that way and I’m talking as a whole picture, including the grass. I also I thought an aged fence is a neutral colour. Thanks though
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Poor image quality

As Stawks said, neutral backgrounds work much better on listings, here's a (rather extreme) example of how it doesn't work.

This listing would more than likely have sold ages ago with better photography - it's been listed for well over 6 months now.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Four-Japanese-Antique-Imari-Porcelain-Saki-Cups-With-Saucers/29292408216...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Poor image quality

Blerk

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Poor image quality

Oh my goodness! They would have stood out and looked lovely on a simple white background!!!
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Poor image quality

@davewil1964 wrote:

Blerk

ducks-collection-002.jpg

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Poor image quality

@kitty-kat-kollection wrote:
Oh my goodness! They would have stood out and looked lovely on a simple white background!!!

Yep, imagine seeing the listing just on a saved search list with only the small images on the lefthand side !!

Even so they are, in my opinion, overpriced even now after the price reductions over time.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply