Postage Delays

I think with postage delays as they are Ebay should at least announce buyers to be patient waiting for items..Buyers go by the Auspost times which we all know can be outrages at the best of times ..standard 2-6 days..Ive had customers getting their items 5 to 10 days late..Some buyers are oblivious to whats going on around them ATM and I'm tired of recieving emails saying why hasn't my items arrived only after 1 day over due the Aus post recommended delivery times which is no fault of mine but it always seems the case the seller cops the blame

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Postage Delays

Call me bad customer service but. I've been extremely nice to buyers and if the don't get the point the third time and continue going off and how "wrong I am" and how the item is "lost because it hasnt moved in a few days", I tell them how it is. Literally even had a few ask for refunds for late delivery??? hahaha
Message 11 of 43
Latest reply

Exactly right..I'm nice until their not..then it's gloves off..I had Ebay remove 2 negs in  2 months because of ludicrous buyers No matter how you try to explian something rational to them it falls on deaf ears.....I had one yesterday email me askin why her items havn't arrived yet  after only 1 day over delivery date and where are the tracking numbers....duh...Free postage with a tracking number Seriously.... Some are oblivious to whats going on around them..The saying the customer is always right is the biggist load of **bleep** ever uttered...

Message 12 of 43
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:
Call me bad customer service but. I've been extremely nice to buyers and if the don't get the point the third time and continue going off and how "wrong I am" and how the item is "lost because it hasnt moved in a few days", I tell them how it is. Literally even had a few ask for refunds for late delivery??? hahaha

Is that why you no longer sell on this account? So potential buyers don't read your feedback as a seller?

Message 13 of 43
Latest reply

No I was banned because I was in hospital due to old selling rating/rules bullsh*t in 2017 before it was reworked better, I got restricted once because I cancelled 100 orders due to being in hospital and it forced me below standard and was never able to recover due to the account being restricted for almost whole duration of the 3 months probation period to get your account back up to standard. I now work for someone else's eBay store.
Message 14 of 43
Latest reply

I also think that Ebay should keep a record (If they already don't) of sellers who have received an excessive amount of refunds..Like it or not Ebays is full of trolls who go from seller to seller doing the rounds for freebies Especially for sellers offering "free postage" which Ebay encourages and then comdems the sellers for not having tracking on their items when items don't turn up...Go figure

Message 15 of 43
Latest reply

if you have 5 days to send it but send it the day it is bought and add tracking.

do you get any benefit from having the 5 days buffer at the start?

Message 16 of 43
Latest reply

I think so..I had mine at 2 days handling ..plus the 2-6 day that Aus posts say... so you get 2 + 6 days which is the Max they say it "should take " =8 days buffer now i changed mine to 5 days handling it takes it to 11 days..not that i would take 5 days it just gives longer for the obvious delays Aus post are having ..Plus i only have registered post as a second option...it's up to the seller if the take it or not it's only $4.30 for reg with tracking..

Message 17 of 43
Latest reply

It should not be up to the sellers to adjust their handling time to cover postgae delays, which are beyond their control.

Rather eBay should take the lead and adjust the expected delivery dates to reflect todays real life situation.

Expected delivery to USA is still showing as around 10-15 days - reality is that an item would be lucky to even leave Australia in that time!

Only solution is to stop any overseas shiping.   

Seems a bandaid solution to a problem that may not exist if eBay did their job properly

Message 18 of 43
Latest reply

Exactly...

Message 19 of 43
Latest reply

Its been my best couple of months for sales as up buy 327% compared to last year BUT  ,being hammered by INR 's are at an all time high. International customers a still being lead to belive by ebay that they are going to have the item delivered in 10 -15 days!

in reality its 4 -6 weeks (a lot of non proirty mail is being sent  by sea)  Ebay are screwing us

Message 20 of 43
Latest reply