Postage Policy | Built to order | 5~10 days ex factory

Greetings,

I am looking to list items that are "Large & Bulky" which are typically made to order.

The lead time "Ex Factory" can be upto 10 days or so

The freight cost will depend on the client i.e. if they have a forklift on-site or I need to supply via a truck with a tailgate to offload the product from the truck as well as there location.

I am hoping there is a some guru in the ebayverse that may be able to help or point me in the right direction.

Kind regards

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I checked on a listing and when you use freight there is no option in the listing. I have only used it a small number of times and never thought of the handling time so never looked. Maybe it is obvious and I am missing it but from what I can see it disappears when you change from calculated to freight.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

No exactly sure what advice you're looking for?

What direction are you talking about?

TBH, it sounds a bit complicated for Ebay, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. The main thing to remember is that Ebay is very black and white in certain things. So if you deliver an item valued over $750 to a client and you don't have a tracking number and Signature on Delivery, that buyer can easily claim that they never received it, even if it is sitting in their yard and they are staring at it.

There are different confirmation procedures if a buyer picks up the item from you instead.

What will happen if the buyer claims it's damaged? Even if you dropped it off yourself and the buyer inspected it, there's nothing stopping them changing their mind about the item but claiming damaged or defective work in order to put the onus on you to arrange to pick that same item up, or refund the buyer in full. There have been many buyers who have scammed sellers this way as Ebay just refunds them at the drop of a hat.

Fright can be really expensive and your area of distribution might be limited because of this. Buyers will want to know upfront what this cost is expected to be.

Ebay is serious business, with serious potential loss of money. Never list anything here that you cannot afford to lose. 

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for that,

I am reasonably confident that I can avoid any issues with "damage in transit", my bad, I went off on a tangent there.

I was more interested in setting the delivery time for about 10 days Ex factory after the order has been received for "large & bulky" deliveries.  This option seems to have disappeared!.

Regards

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

The few items I have sold over the years that require a pallet I would just set postage as freight and to contact seller. Then when someone purchased or enquired I would go from there with shipping options. Also I used the freight option as it would not allow the buyer to pay until I sent an invoice so hopefully it is still the same.

As far as 10 days just set the handling time to 10 days to cover it.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Exactly,

The problem is that Ebay seems to have misplaced this option (10 days) for "large  & Bulky" items.

the only way I can see that it can be done is via setting a fixed fee which is not going to happen as my freight cost could be anywhere between $85 & $1500....

Thanks for your time

Regards

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

I take it the items are being manufactured by you, or at least under licence for you, otherwise you might be courting trouble with ebay.

As to freight, I think you would be best talking direct to a freight/courier operator, close to your dispatch point for logistic solutions.   Often  freight quotes although supposedly for door to door service, result in items only being delivered to the buyers nearest freight depot.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I was more interested in setting the delivery time for about 10 days Ex factory after the order has been received for "large & bulky" deliveries.  This option seems to have disappeared!.

Regards

You mean "handling time" - delivery time is what is displayed to the buyer as the estimated dates for delivery once you have marked  it as shipped on your side Look in your listing under Business Policies/Postage Policy - Handling Time. Just set it to 10+ days which will give you the time buffer you need to get the item ready for delivery.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Greetings,

Manufactured for me under licence.

I appreciate your comments about freight, shipping / delivery is not so much the issue for me.

My main issue is listing the items as large & bulky and getting the lead / manufacturing time of 5 ~ 10 days .

I used to be able to do it, I just cannot find where this option as dissappeared to.

Cheerz

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you,

yes, handling time, my bad.

It no longer seems to be an option for "large & bulky" items that I can see

Cheerz

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

When it comes to handling time, I don't ever recall seeing an option for "large and bulky" when setting a time. I doubt handling time really has anything to do with the size of the item being sold. Set your handling time to 20 or 30 days and leave it at that. The buyer will see an ETA way into the future, which should cover your butt.

Spoiler
Oh, and please, don't come back with a "my bad". UGH!
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply