Postage Policy | Built to order | 5~10 days ex factory

Greetings,

I am looking to list items that are "Large & Bulky" which are typically made to order.

The lead time "Ex Factory" can be upto 10 days or so

The freight cost will depend on the client i.e. if they have a forklift on-site or I need to supply via a truck with a tailgate to offload the product from the truck as well as there location.

I am hoping there is a some guru in the ebayverse that may be able to help or point me in the right direction.

Kind regards

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Postage Policy | Built to order | 5~10 days ex factory

There is no handling time option for the freight option. So once you send the invoice and the buyer pays what does ebay do for delivery times. The OP wants to add 10 days to what ever ebay tells the buyer but there is no option I can see or mention in seller help. Maybe there is none but my guess they will need to call ebay and ask.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

That's why I mentioned a long handling time. 10 days to get out of the factory, and another 10-20 days for delivery (to allow for delays). The handling time fattens out the ETA. I have a handling time of 10 days, but still post same or next day. Buyers can't express how happy they are that they got their item a week before the first ETA date.

I think most buyers would be happy to see an ETA of July 30 and the item arrived on June 25. The ETA starts when the buyer pays. If I buy and pay today, then the seller has 30 days to post the item to me with a 30 days handling time. If it arrives in 15 days, I'd be over the moon.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I checked on a listing and when you use freight there is no option in the listing. I have only used it a small number of times and never thought of the handling time so never looked. Maybe it is obvious and I am missing it but from what I can see it disappears when you change from calculated to freight.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for that.

Exactly!

Man

I know it previously existed, just thought that I was going mad...

Cheerz

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I dont recall ever seeing a lead/handling time under the freight option,  what happens if you try to proceed under the  freight option without entering weight etc.

Normally as a buyer of large items, the listings will indicate  contact seller

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply