Postage Rate Tables with Local Pickup

I have successfully set up the Postage Rate Tables on our listings... we offer a flat rate which differs per region.

However, I can't get the "Local Pickup" option to appear on our listings when the Postage Rate Tables are in use.

If I remove the Postage Rate Table, the Local Pickup option appears.

We sell furniture, so having a local pickup option in place is important for us because shipping can be costly.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Postage Rate Tables with Local Pickup

Fix as follows…

There is no way to set up our listings to enable the use of postage rate tables AND local pickup. It’s just not possible. I don’t know if this will ever be fixed, but for now listings cannot have both.

You also cannot create duplicate items in Ebay. i.e have one listing for product xyz that has freight and a duplicate listing for product xyz that offers pickup. You’ll be penalised if you do this.

So Ebay have offered a workaround.

Set up your items with the Postage Rates Tables.

If you have a customer that does not wish to pay postage:

(This is for Buy It Now items)

Get the buyer to click “Buy It Now”

Then click “Commit to Buy”

Then they stop the process – DON’T CLICK PAY NOW

This will alert you to a sale in your store and provide you with the buyer information through the “View Sales Record” Action link.

(I was told that this is the only way you are allowed to get the personal details of your buyer. You cannot request any additional information from them via personal message.)

Use this buyer information to create a corresponding invoice in Pay Pal and send it to them for payment. Once they have paid the Pay Pal invoice, you can mark the item as “paid” manually in Ebay.

Another possible solution is that after you receive notification of the order, you can choose “Send Invoice” from the “Actions” list. But when I tried to do this it did not work. I could send the invoice without the freight added, but when the customer received it at their end, the freight was added on again. It did this 3 times. So sending the invoice through Pay Pal is the only accepted option which worked for me.

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply