Postage TImes

We are a top rated seller, generally we send an item out the SAME day as sale despite having the items listed as sending the following business day

Have noticed Australa Post have really dropped the ball since Christmas and items are taking a lot longer to reach the destination.  We have changed nothing at our end at all to cause this

Despite a valid tracking number being entered into the sale details the SAME DAY as the sale, the tracking showing the item being scanned by Australia Post the SAME DAY we have noticed on our defect rate that we are being penalised for this occurance to the point we are about to lose our Top Rated Seller status

Has anyone had any similar issues and if you have worked out how to resolve please let me know as I can not see why we should be penalised for doing the right thing and sending items out early.

We have looked into other methods of postage however have found that there is no 1 simple solution as we send car parts all over Australia and most other companies do not have the coverage Australia Post has.

Any help would be great, have tried to contact eBay help chat twice today alone and just a blank window stating they will be with me in under a minute

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Postage TImes

@chameleon54 wrote:

Not good, but it does seem a bit strange that AP are taking so long to deliver your items. Do you mail in a street box ? Is there a problem at your local PO ? Many of the post offices are privately owned and run and the mail boxes are emptied by private contractors.. Occasionally there can be a rogue operator who doesnt follow correct procedure. ( Yes - I have seen a child emptying the mail box while dad sat in the van. A gust of wind and the mail went everywhere ) .  Does tracking give any indication of where in the system the problem is ?

Having dealt with Mitsfix (online and in person) a couple of times in the past, I can tell you that the majority of their stock are motor vehicle parts, most of which tend to be on the large side - I'd think they'd be over-the-counter items. 

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Same here.

Always post by the next day at the latest with tracking yet our shipment report shows a huge increase in late postage.

Must be an ebay issue.

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

I just checked out the items you sell. Nice items and a very proffesional store. I would still be extending handling time. Perhaps try 3 days and if that still doesnt stop the problem, is it worth moving to 5 days ?

I would then add a line to your shipping details, right at the top, stating something like " We usually mail your item within 24 hours of payment. Ebays delivery time estimate is only a guide and items often arrive several days before the estimated arrival date "

Its probably worth noting my stores stock products that are in many ways similar to yours with similar buyer demographics. With 5 day handling time, I,m not having any problems.

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

We use the business centre with EParcel. we have looked at the tracking, often they sit at the sorting centre in Sunshine West for several days, some items have been moving back and forward between 2 or more post offices. 1 item for example spend 10 days going between 2 post offices in neighboring suburbs until the enquiry was lodged.

I have already been onto my account manager about this but as expected there is not much in the way of answer or reply
Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

Ok,
Have been on the Chat system for about an hour with eBay, we downloaded the .csv report

here is the clincher

Item purchased on the 4th January at 15.45  Sent and tracking uploaded on the 4th January at 17:07 and recorded as being scanned at Australia Post on the 4th January at 17:32 is showing as having been sent 132 hours late (ie hours past the handling time we have spefified of 1 day)

This is just one example of many.  21 items out of 37 were sent within the 1 day and show N/A on being handled too late.  12 items were purchased on Thursday 28th December, Friday was an Australia Post holiday so these were manifested on the Friday but were not scanned into Aust Post until Tuesday the 2nd Jan.  The escallation person looked at all of these and advised will hopefully remove them all by the end of the day.  There were a couple items we did send a day late which is our fault, 3 of them were sent late at the buyers request as they were away etc however eventhough we have messages asking this as far as eBay are looking at this, it was sent late

I am happy to cop a couple but not 37 odd items.

I have changed everything to 3 days now too see if this will alleviate but there is clearly an issue with the metrics from eBay which the rep saw so I would adivse everyone to keep an eye on this, down load the report and look to see how many are legitimate and how many are not

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

mitsfix wrote:

Item purchased on the 4th January at 15.45  Sent and tracking uploaded on the 4th January at 17:07 and recorded as being scanned at Australia Post on the 4th January at 17:32 is showing as having been sent 132 hours late (ie hours past the handling time we have spefified of 1 day)

Wow - purchased, sent, and tracking uploaded all on the same day, yet showing as sent 132 hours late - something's well and truly borked in eBay's system...

Extending the handling time to three business days will hopefully kill ost of the problems on eBay's side, but there's sod-all anyone can do about the black hole at Sunshine West; it's where parcels go to die.

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

Maybe the problem is with eParcel. Even though eBay's bots should be able to track a valid number, maybe the tracking updates aren't getting through to eBay until days later.

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

Did think of that and then did a comparison over several of these items. The date delivered shows up the same on Aust Post as it does on eBay

There were a couple where there was an attempted delivery say on a Wednesday and then the customer finally lobbed into the Post Office on the Saturday and collected, system shows delivery date as Saturday

Ebay have removed 16 so far, will keep onto them however as I can still see at least 11 out of the 17 which are rubbish, the other 6 are delays mostly due to customers wanting delay and a couple still from the friday before New Year where Aust Post was closed

I know it is a little thing BUT if we lost Top Rated we move down in the search results, we work very hard to make sure our customers are happy and return which many of them do. Sure we get the odd idiot which can not be pleased but this is fairly rare
Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

Mitsfix, may I ask where you access these stats please?

Thanks,

Melina.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

If you click on your own feedback number next to your name it will take you to your feedback page. In the top right there is a link to take you to your seller dashboard ...thats where you can see your stats.

Hope thats what you meant.

I got zapped the other day with a 'Tracking indicates late delivery' defect. Got onto live chat and got it sorted but it seems the 'system' can monitor when an item arrives - then if its late zap you (like you have some control over delivery speed). 

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply