Posting OOSHIES

Ooshies, those horrid plastic Woolworths things. My mum had a heap of them so I was looking at what they are selling for. People are selling the individual Ooshies for $4 or $5, up to $10 each with free postage. The only way they could make a profit on that is to send them as a large letter. I measured my Ooshies and the smallest is 25mm wide, up to 35mm, too big to send as a large letter. So 1 Ooshie would be a parcel. I imagine these sellers are sending their Ooshies in an envelope with 2 stamps. I bet Australia Post hate that, as things bigger than 2cm can get caught in their sorting machines. How do people get away with this? As a rule I don't send anything thicker than 18mm as a large letter. Anyone else selling Ooshies???
Message 1 of 130
Latest reply
129 REPLIES 129

Re: Posting OOSHIES

You need to open the packets to see if you have the fluffy ooshie,I don't think it's about having an unopened ooshie.

Message 51 of 130
Latest reply

Opening the ooshies is what you need to do having them unopened is just a lucky dip.

There is no difference between opened or unopened except you see what you have or not have lol.

Unopened doesn't mean they're more valuable.

I've opened all of mine and sold them but I used gloves when holding them as I treat them like I treat my other items and speak to them by saying hello my precious lol.

Message 52 of 130
Latest reply

I sold the Disney tiles as unopened and buyers seemed to like the thrill of a lucky dip. I might take your advice and open them. Although I might go back and check the sold items and see what's what first. There are still some people that like the lucky dip feeling......but I'd hate to accidentally sell the furry one LOL!

Message 53 of 130
Latest reply

Lucky dip sounds exciting lol but I'd hate to receive 10 of the same ooshies,just like having 10 ducks in a row boring haha

Message 54 of 130
Latest reply

You MUST MUST MUST OPEN THEM .... In case you've got a furry one! Don't think they've found them all yet! If you have other things to sell make sure you tell people to look at your other items... Since selling some Ooshies I've had a increase in sales ( don't know for sure if it's that or some other editing of listings I did) BUT anyway I ve had about 3000 veiws of my Ooshies versus 250 views of my most popular earrings etc...Hope you have a furry one ( OK ... That sounds a bit weird)

Message 55 of 130
Latest reply

I wish you a furry Ooshie

And it's sale price is dear 

Message 56 of 130
Latest reply

Very festive Enigma!... 😝 ... I could probably make a furry one by dropping a normal osshie down the back of my office desk ... It'll pick up some fluffy stuff there
Message 57 of 130
Latest reply

I have found a similar problem with Coles Little Shop items. Received my 3rd one today where I had to pay excess postage. 2 arrived with a $1 stamp when it should have been $2 & one arrived with 4 items & a 60c stamp!  Not one seller has offered to refund me & the 60c stamp person hasn't even bothered to reply. 😞  

I can think of no way to let the thousands of sellers know that they need to use 2 x $1 stamps on the envelope.  

Aus Post raking it in as the excess is $2.50. 

Message 58 of 130
Latest reply

Small letter= $1

Large letter up 125g=$2

250g=$3

So are you saying that 2 coles mini shop items weigh 125g ?

Message 59 of 130
Latest reply

You can certainly use feedback to let other buyers know. 

If there was a return address on the envelope then the seller should be billed, not the buyer.

Crow, I'm sure they measure more than 20mm thickness though

Message 60 of 130
Latest reply