Problems with refunding?

I've been trying to refund excess postage to a buyer & keep getting the message "Oops? We're having a problem.  Try again later."

Been trying for 2 days, no luck.  I've tried in other browsers.

Don't really want to contact Ebay because I know they'll tell me "they're aware & trying to fix."

Any suggestions for a workaround?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Problems with refunding?

Just noticed someone else is having trouble with the "cancel sale" option.

Maybe the topics under Orders are all not working??

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Problems with refunding?

Hi Lynne like you i have also been trying to refund a buyer for the last 2 days for excess postage costs paid. I was on chat with Ebay a short time ago and he told me to clear cache etc and it's still not resolved. Hopefully Ebay get onto this asap as it is becoming very frustrating

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Problems with refunding?

@lynne8221 wrote:

I've been trying to refund excess postage to a buyer & keep getting the message "Oops? We're having a problem.  Try again later."

Been trying for 2 days, no luck.  I've tried in other browsers.

Don't really want to contact Ebay because I know they'll tell me "they're aware & trying to fix."

Any suggestions for a workaround?

Is this through PayPal ? 
Perhaps the recent changes to PayPal for sellers is the reason why 🤔

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Problems with refunding?

Thanks for letting me know.  That's why I never bothered contacting Ebay - I knew it would just frustrate me & not achieve anything.

I don't think they've ever suggested a solution to me that has worked.  Don't mean to be a Negative-Nelly but it gets annoying when you know it MAY be fixed in the distant future & always at their convenience.

When buyers are waiting for a refund & it doesn't happen immediately, they get very suspicious of the seller's motives & think you are giving them the run-around.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Problems with refunding?

Mine are all through Ebay as managed payments nothing to do with PayPal

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Problems with refunding?

Problems with refunding?

Well with managed payments you don't know how the buyer paid as it's all managed by Ebay. 

You refund through Ebay & they refund the buyer through the method they paid.   Could be C/Card, Paypal, who knows??

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Problems with refunding?

I am also having trouble refunding/cancelling an order.

Same message: "Oops? We're having a problem.  Try again later."

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Problems with refunding?

On live chat at present and ebay are aware of the problem, just haven't fixed it.  So frustrating to say the least.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply