Question: overseas buyer clicked BIN on my listing I ship within Australia only

Hello all,

An ebayer from China clicked BIN (but not paid) on my listing 2 days ago and has not replied to my message. My listing stated no international shipping but when i looked at his address the person was located in China (i assume as it was not in english) and changed the postcode to an Australian one.

Is the best way to handle this is via a dispute so I am able to relist it again?

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question: overseas buyer clicked BIN on my listing I ship within Australia only

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY. I am new to selling but will make sure in the future I exclude countries. I didnt think of that as when I looked at my listing it stated "post to australia only". Thanks again ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Question: overseas buyer clicked BIN on my listing I ship within Australia only

When you do re-list, you need to do more than just state no international shipping , that will not stop anyone overseas buying. You need to make sure you both select Australia only as your postage AND also go and select all countries in the ones you want to exclude from being able to buy from you

I'm not sure the best way to advise re a dispute so that you, yourself don't get a slap from ebay as they keep messing with things  it *used* to be a seller could select cancel sale and 'there is a problem with the buyer's address' as the reason but having not cancelled a sale for ages myself, I don't want to tell you the wrong thing and get you a defect 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY. I am new to selling but will make sure in the future I exclude countries. I didnt think of that as when I looked at my listing it stated "post to australia only". Thanks again ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Sorry I rechecked the listing so please ignore what i wrote above. I see the options of excluding countries now. Ughhh silly me ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

You don't need to take the time to exclude countries individually. Just make sure your listings say no international postage then block members with a primary delivery address you do not post to in your buyer preferences.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

And be careful of 'address switchers'- they bid with one address, and you send a postage invoice, when they pay and you go to print a postage label, it is in a different country and at a different postage rate. I usually take a screenshot of the order details so if they moan when I want the order cancelled, I have proof of their tricks.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Ditto to the above.  I just got hit up by a purported American purchaser, but wanting my item to be sent to a Nigerian address, and I also received the following message purported as being from eBay.  No payment received either and the wording in this message that I received from this scammer as being from eBay, is grammatically incorrect, along with punctuation errors.  I am assuming of course that once you went into your PayPal account with the tracking information to insert, then they would have access as well to your PayPal account.  I am very new to selling on eBay ... like about two weeks in now ... and also had a BIN item with No International selected.  Thanks for the advice as to how to block some countries from accessing my eBay account.  Here is the 'eBay' message requesting payment that I received - BEWARE ...

Notification Of PayPal Payment Being Approved

Dear Seller,

This is to inform you that we have received the payment confirmation from PayPal regarding the eBay item bought from you by Ronald Woods (woodsracing). We hereby approved the payment and you are to send out the item as soon as possible to the provided buyer's address.

You will have to send the shipment tracking number to PayPal for shipment verification process to take place. eBay is Personally assuring you that on confirmation of the shipment reference number received from you by the PayPal and confirmed, Your money will be credited into your PayPal account with no delay.

Note:- PayPal new anti-fraud payment policy which we are in conjunction with, to ensure safe and smooth transaction between buyers and sellers in the eBay community.

Regards, 
eBay Trust and Safety
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

When you do re-list, you need to do more than just state no international shipping , that will not stop anyone overseas buying. You need to make sure you both select Australia only as your postage AND also go and select all countries in the ones you want to exclude from being able to buy from you

I'm not sure the best way to advise re a dispute so that you, yourself don't get a slap from ebay as they keep messing with things  it *used* to be a seller could select cancel sale and 'there is a problem with the buyer's address' as the reason but having not cancelled a sale for ages myself, I don't want to tell you the wrong thing and get you a defect 

I have just checked that this option is still available and Enigma is correct. If you click on the drop down menu left side of item in selling history, the option to cancel sale comes up. As Enigma mentions ensure you select ' there is a problem with buyers delivery address" as the reason for cancellation as this should not get you a slap from ebay. Once this is done add the buyer to your " blocked buyer list" just for good measure.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I used to sell a few products that were highly sought after by the Chinese.  You won't stop them by blocking international sales because they just change their primary address to Australia before they buy.  Some will use a fowarding warehouse in Australia but others will change their address back before you get a chance to send an invoice and then expect you to send it directly to them.  I've known other Aussie sellers who had the same problem and complained about it, but one of them then admitted she does the same thing to US sellers who won't post here!  I lost all sympathy for her then.

If it's something you don't have registered post on in the listing and they use a forwarding service, it'll end up being sent to China and have a much higher chance of being lost along the way than it would if it was only going to Australia.  I could have sold things to China lots of time (some asked, many didn't) but I didn't on principle - a friend sold a few things to them but they always ended up trying to get her prices down after the first few items and I didn't need it, especially when eventually someone in Australia would buy the items.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@ivak245 wrote:

And be careful of 'address switchers'- they bid with one address, and you send a postage invoice, when they pay and you go to print a postage label, it is in a different country and at a different postage rate. I usually take a screenshot of the order details so if they moan when I want the order cancelled, I have proof of their tricks.

No seller should ever send to an address showing in ebay until after the buyer has paid regardless of what the buyer's delivery address is. Once they have paid they cannot change the address.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply