Report: eBay Mulling Thousands of Layoffs

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Report: eBay Mulling Thousands of Layoffs

Interesting... so if ebay is bought out... I wonder if the new management would be any better??

Amazon does not treat their customers (sellers) like children or insult their intelligence... not sure about Alibaba, have never dealt with them.

If ebay want to remain competitive IT really needs to grow up!! Not literally but start acting like a company that cares about it's core members ie the Sellers.!

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Interesting read - lean mean feebay eh !

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

@beautysecretfashion wrote:

Interesting... so if ebay is bought out... I wonder if the new management would be any better??

Amazon does not treat their customers (sellers) like children or insult their intelligence... not sure about Alibaba, have never dealt with them.

If ebay want to remain competitive IT really needs to grow up!! Not literally but start acting like a company that cares about it's core members ie the Sellers.!

I wonder if the new management would be any better??

I don't honestly think it could get any worse could it ?

does not treat their customers (sellers) like children or insult their intelligence

That would be a pleasant change !!

start acting like a company that cares about it's core members ie the Sellers.!

While they still have Sellers !

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

good riddance.
Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

see what happens but dont think much will

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

What will happen.

Thousand of ebay employees will get laid off.

Some will turn to ebay to sell stuff to try to make some money.

They will then realise what a PITA it is, that the fees are too high, money being held for 21 days is painful to the seller,

it's all in the buyers favour and then try contacting ebay / paypal to resolve issues and find out just what a PITA organisation

they are to deal with !!!

I call it KARMA !Smiley LOL

Hopefully word might then filter back that ebay needs to change !

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Let's hope one or two show up on the boards here. They might be able to give us all some interesting inside stories.
Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Right now, I'd rather be an ebay 'customer' (ie seller), despite all the problems that go with that relationship, than to be associated with Amazon in the same way, considering what is presently happening in THAT organization !!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/16/amazon-compensate-sellers-1p-price

What a nightmare for the poor affected sellers there !!!

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

The Amazon thing is just crazy. I can feel a lawsuit coming on in litigous U.S.A.  It looks like all of the online platform operators went to the same shool.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply