Reporting stolen photos and listing

So I've had yet another of my listings & photos stolen.

What happened to the report function?  I used to be able to report from the listing and enter the item number of the listing they stole it from.  Now it seems that my only option is to report through the VERO program? Is that even relevant? And my only recourse now is to phone ebay?  Great.

Good one ebay removing a perfectly good system. Maybe their intent is to give permission to steal others' work.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Reporting stolen photos and listing

saarzi
Community Member
How does Ebay get you to prove the photo is actually yours? Just curious.
I read somewhere that the only way is to put a watermark on it (which doesnt actually prove you didnt steal it yourself). Without proof I assume theres not a thing they could do anyway.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Try this one and you should be able to explain in detail.

Just have item numbers and sellers ID's ready.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1476&levelHierarchy=2a7a7

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Tons of evidence Saarzi.  My listing is older for a start (the seller bought that item off me in the first place).  But even if this wasn't the case - I have more photos and my photos all have a certain look replicated over the other listings, it's unmistakable.  My listings' text is also distinctive and consistent.  If ebay really needed more proof I could send the original pre-cropped photos.

Good news is the listing has been taken down after I emailed the seller.

Cheers Kopes for the link, I've bookmarked it.  Wish I could still do it through the Report Button though 😞

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Good result.

Often sellers don't think they are doing anything wrong until the owner of the pics asks them to remove them.

So always best to contact the seller first for anyone else reading here.

image host
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

au2015-yoy
Community Member

Many of my photos were stolen.Now i watermark and resize my photos before putting them online.I use this software Mass Watermark to do that in bulk its very easy to use.Take a look at this video

After watermarking the theft has came down a lot 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I  had this problem for at least 4-5 years - I closed my business down as Ebay didn't want to know.

All my Greek Corinthian Helmet photos were stolen and used to sell **bleep** copies...I still see my photos listed to this day !

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Maybe you should have complained 4-5 years ago, when this thread had only been out of date for 2 or 3 years.

Maybe your should have read the not so fine print about you assigning eBay rights to use your pics in their catalogue.

As you no longer sell here, allegedly, what is your tangible complaint? Given that you still have listings on the site.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply