SOLD items being RE-LISTED

Hi all....I recall reading on the boards during the last few months that some sellers were having problems with SOLD items being RE-LISTED, by eBay....whether a technical glitch, or something to do with the multiple-item clock not working.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have the link to the thread?

It has happened to me several times now, and I am still going through my listings....unable to work it out

Thanks

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Here's the thread in question, twyngwyn.

In particular, this (below) might be the explanation.

@chameleon54 wrote:

@wilmajames123 wrote:

This first happened to me about six months ago.  Everything I sell is "one-of-a-kind" and when I was unable to find an item that had sold I panicked.  It was some hours before I realized that the item had been bought a few weeks earlier by the very same US buyer.   I called eBay, and after a long time on the phone and being passed from one person to another, I was patched through to ebay.com as well.  The verdict: it was a very unusual glitch.  The next time it happened I was prepared.  Strangely, that was also to a US buyer.  Now I check every item against listings as a precaution.  This is possible as I'm just a small seller.

YOURE RIGHT !!! .........    ( lightbulb suddenly goes on ) .....I Hadnt noticed it before you pointed it out, but both of my mystery relists where purchased by U.S buyers too.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Thankyou!

My 1st item was an auction....my subsequent items have been items with more than 1 available......go figure??
Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

This has just confirmed that I am nor going mad.....most of my items are 1 offs......do we now have to monitor the monitors??
Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

tippytoes said it happened to her last August, if my memory is correct.
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Pretty sure it happened to chameleon as wel brer.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

I only sell within Australia ....so that's not the answer to my dilemma 😞
Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

It has happened at least twice to me - I sell one-offs and do not sell OS - so that is not the problem. One was from an item sold last August, which somehow was relisted and resold again this year and it was so embarrasing when I coudn't find it. But going back through my sales records, discovered why - it had already been sold. And then it happened again recently with an item originally sold last November but somehow got relisted and then resold.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

I have nearly 2500 listings 'live' - mostly auctions & 1 offs - it will take me forever to go through....this is so frustrating....it's very difficult to explain to customers what I think may have happened....it sounds so far-fetched 😞
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

It has happened to me a handfull of times including quite recently. My usual modus operandi is to explain to the buyer that it is an ebay glitch and refund their money, without cancelling the transaction. It is annoying as I lose the ebay commission, but better than coping a defect for out of stock. It is not worth the agravation of phoning CS and spending hours trying to get them to sort it. .......Lifes too short for that sort of stuff. I just write it off as another bad ebay joke and get on with it.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply