Sales crash since the big A opened.

Anyone else ?? I have 2 other accounts that were ticking along but the sales have slowly dropped off over the last couple of weeks getting 20 -30 sales a week. This week however I have not had one sale - even lookers are down. For the first time in about 2 years I did not have to go to the PO today (or yesterday). 

I know there are many threads about this but it seems strange since the big A site launched sales have plumeted. I should be cleaning up this close to chrsitmas but im not hearing sleigh bells ...I am hearing crickets ! 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Sales crash since the big A opened.

@performance_parts_clearance_centre wrote:

I harbor a major grudge against Amazon - I've literally never been able to purchase a single item on there, always given the "not available to your country" nonsense. I figure if they didn't want my business as a buyer then, they can't have it now...

They would have been private sellers who didn't ship to Australia, as anything fulfilled by Amazon is usually shipped anywhere. 

I think the application process for sellers is probably a good thing, as it likely results in fewer instances of outright scammers, and the site is pretty focussed on buyers overall. 

It's early days yet, so my first impressions may not amount to much in the long run, but it was interesting to note that the items I did look at in the categories I sell, were all coming from China. 

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Has Amazon started in Australia? I had no idea. Not seen any advertising on TV. I have adblock so wouldn't see ads on the computer.

I gave up looking at it years ago because everything I wanted wasn't available to my country. I even looked at stuff I wasn't interested in and they weren't available either. I just assumed that nothing would be sent to Australia, so stopped looking.

I doubt it will destroy eBay as some had said earlier. It certainly didn't destroy it in other countries, so why would it destroy it here?

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Tippy, I looked at Amazon when it went live and it was disappointing.....everything I was interested in was more expensive than I have found on ebay or in the B & M stores.....in most cases substantially more expensive.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Has Amazon started in Australia? I had no idea. Not seen any advertising on TV. I have adblock so wouldn't see ads on the computer.

I gave up looking at it years ago because everything I wanted wasn't available to my country. I even looked at stuff I wasn't interested in and they weren't available either. I just assumed that nothing would be sent to Australia, so stopped looking.

I doubt it will destroy eBay as some had said earlier. It certainly didn't destroy it in other countries, so why would it destroy it here?

Ebay is doing a good job of destroying itself and doesn't need help from anyone else!  Ebay and Amazon used to be run in completely different ways so there wasn't really much competition, but if ebay keeps moving towards doing things the same as Amazon it might be a different story.

I'm sure a lot of buyers have gone elsewhere for certain items as some things that I used to sell a lot of on ebay rarely sell here now, though they're still as popular as ever elsewhere.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply