Seller Claiming an item they bought not genuine

Really need some help with this one fellow ebayers!

My daughter won a pair of unisex Raybans in a competition in the Uk. The Raybans appear to be a superseded model.

She has never worn them and has both the case & the box for them

We advertised them, IN GOOD FAITH, on ebay and this seller bought them for $82.

He emailed us today claiming he took them to "the shops" and was advised that they are not genuine Ray-Bans! news to us!!

He wants to return them, but our ebay listing says we will not accept returns.

Advice please???

I dont want negative feedback as I have a 100% good one!

Regards

ClanMiles

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Seller Claiming an item they bought not genuine

did you explain that they are UK designs, which may not be sold in aust, which may mean the aussie retailer did not recognise them?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

If he used PayPal he can follow the 'not as described' process and or the new ebay guaranteed refund process.and you'll have to accept a return and refund anyway . Saying you don't accept returns means nothing.

I would let him return it and refund , you should have checked yourself if it was genuine before listing it , there are so many fake RayBans that the likelihood of yours being real is 0.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Yep I would agree, that if they ( the Buyer ) don't think they are genuine ( they may or may not be, who knows ) they will return them.

Otherwise you are in for a Big Red Dot for Christmas. That, I'm afraid to say is the new rules. You may want to take them yourself to a dealer to find out if they are the Real thing.  Good Luck and hope all goes well

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

What "shop" did they take them to.

I would request a letter, on letterhead, from the company that authenticated them.....they must have reasons why they believe they are

not authentic.  The buyer would need that for a PayPal dispute also if the item is to be proven fake.

The product would also need to be destroyed......not posted back, if they are indeed fake.

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Request written proof from a qualified 3rd party source that they are not a genuine, UK supplied brand, that may stop them proceeding any further and I would be far more miffed at the thought of losing money than getting a silly red dot on my computer screen.

With a Paypal dispute it is usually up to the buyer to prove they are not genuine however with ebay I believe the onus is on the seller. Either way if the buyer can prove they are fake your refund policy means nothing, that is for change of mind, you cannot refuse refunds for not as described items.

It is always a risk listing so called designer brands unless you have proof in the form of a receipt from a licensed reseller, if your daughter won them in the UK could she perhaps contact the promotor and ask for confirmation they are genuine?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Also in your listing was this -

I have advertised this item elsewhere and reserve the right to sell the item at the highest price.

A very big no-no to advertise elsewhere.  Ebay will not look kindly on this.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Also in your listing was this -

I have advertised this item elsewhere and reserve the right to sell the item at the highest price.

A very big no-no to advertise elsewhere.  Ebay will not look kindly on this.

Apparently that policy has changed/ not enforced any more stalks.

"pats back for being so clever...............>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling-on-eBay/can-you-revise-your-listing-to-say-you-have-the-item...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

You do see it said that item listed elsewhere and listing might be ended early.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

smiley whoops.gif     Hmmm, well done padi.   I couldn't find it either.  Couldn't believe it   

Here, use this.   If you can build a trebuchet, then you can build one of these

Could come in handy      cleaning glasses smiley.gif

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply