Selling Manager & Turbo Lister being retired in US

Was over on the US boards and noticed that eBay has announced that not only are they retiring Selling Manager and Selling Manager Pro in the US that they are retiring Turbo Lister and will discontinue support after June 2017 - all replaced with an upgraded Seller Hub.  

Wanted to give others the heads up, particualry if they use Turbo Lister.  Not sure of what will happen in Oz ? Are others across the introduction of seller listing managements within the new Seller Hub in Australia.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate16/seller-tools.html#tab=whats-new&faq=faq-sh...

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

gec2002
Community Member

Yes info about its end was in the US Fall update but nothing in the Australian Spring Update.  Its hard to see how they would keep it going in Australia but not the US, as it uses the eBay API, so its unlikely we will have access if its not maintained in the US.

My biggest issue is they claim you will be able to upload to the seller hub using an Excel app, however I believe that means all the data sits on the US servers.  Not a problem its not like the eBay servers have ever gone down or loss data.  For me TurboLister is a great achive tool and I have listings going back years and if I get stock in again I just call them back and freshen up th the description, listings on eBay only currently last 90 days?.  The other alternative is to use a third party such as Sixbit, however its another cost of selling on eBay.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

There's a lot of very unhappy sellers in the US.  I imagine there will be too in Oz ...... weird it wasn't included in our Spring update.

Given many sellers want to keep their listings stored indefinitely and I can't imagine that eBay will be moving from keeping listings older than 60 days to forever .... unless of course a hefty price tag is involved.

Best thing I did was subscribe to inkfrog years ago.  For a relatively low subscription cost - runs multiple IDs - user friendly interface and ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT service help on the rare occasion I experience any glitches.   My time saved on listing ease has paid for it ten fold.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

What I'm not clear about is what it really means for turbo lister after June 2017 (in the short term anyway).  Not supporting can merely mean that they won't be doing anymore updates and answering queries, but does it mean it won't interact with ebay anymore as well?

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

How can you say there was nothing in the Spring update?

It's there as plain as day

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/sp16/seller-hub

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Even if it continues to interact with eBay, if there are no updates I think it will be fairly quickly obsolete given the continuous changes rolled out by eBay. .

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

There's a lot of very unhappy sellers in the US.  I imagine there will be too in Oz ...... weird it wasn't included in our Spring update.

Given many sellers want to keep their listings stored indefinitely and I can't imagine that eBay will be moving from keeping listings older than 60 days to forever .... unless of course a hefty price tag is involved.

This move is all to do with streamlined product identifiers and in-house catalogues of items. In a nutshell, eBay is trying to mirror Am***n. 

All of my items are either unbranded, or my own brand. When the product identifier changes have been fully implemented, 'Does not apply' will no longer be allowed and my stuff will be assigned an eBay-generated identifier, which anyone else can use and create listings from. 

There are benefits to this kind of system, and drawbacks.

One of the drawbacks I can see happening - it's a common complaint of sellers who sold their own brand of items on Am***n that even though they no longer list their products there, they remain part of A's catalogue and are the first result in google searches. Then, when someone clicks on that result to view the item, they are shown it's not in stock on the site, and are given a range of other similar products to choose from instead.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

How can you say there was nothing in the Spring update?

It's there as plain as day

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/news/sp16/seller-hub

where abouts stawka ??

talks about intro of sellers hub, but cant see mention of end of support to Turbo lister ?  is it in another link from that page?

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

No I can't find it either.

But I thought you were referring to the Seller Hub.  Sorry

There has been discussion before, here, about the demise of turbo lister, but it must have

been on a thread that went off topic.  I can't find it just now

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

I've only seen the discussion on fb

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply