Selling Replica Items

rustify
Community Member

Hi all I was wondering why eBay doesn't allow people to sell replica items such as Louis Vuitton, or Chanel if it is listed as replica in the description.  I have seen people listing replica Louis Vuitton as LV rather than "Louis Vuitton" and starting bids at $20 rather than $200 however when I tried to list one of mine my listing was removed for a violation of the rules!  I know who the member is who reported my listing so why isn't this member doing the same for every replica item on eBay?  

Please help me understand this ruling and advise me on how to deal with this member.  I had in no way attempted to mislead any buyers in believing my handbag was real!  

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Selling Replica Items

spoltzs
Community Member
Hi Rustify

I get that you no longer want your bag, but I ask you this question.

If you purchased a cheapie bag in the shops which was worth around $10, and you used it, would you

A. Sell it for a higher price on eBay or
B. donate it to an op hop?

We all get that you have one of this bag in your possession but it is unsellable.

Your options truly are

A. Give it away for free
B. keep it
C. Bin it

This experience will likely have you rethinking a further purchase of a counterfeit item. It maybe big business in China but we are in Australia where counterfeit items have no business
Message 21 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

Because it is stealing!  The reason you can't list fake items is because every item you sell, is a potential sale that the REAL seller could have made, so you are stealing from them.

If you want to make money selling something, come up with your own ideas/designs/whatever and market them, don't rip off the designs/thoughts of other people!

How can't you see WHY it is wrong?

Message 22 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

You just dredged up a nearly 5yo thread to abuse someone who is probably no longer a member of eBay? Good one.

Edited to add: I was right, they don't exist on eBay any more, so your rant was a complete waste of time.

Message 23 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

And another thread that won't be deleted cos it was dragged up!

Message 24 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

If they had deleted (or blocked) them like they promised, it wouldn't have been available for dragging.

Message 25 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

I suspect there wre a few threads that were locked just after that promise was made, but it would appear that has gone into the too hard basket, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing any threads unblocked over 6/12 months old.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

Perhaps you could be a little gentler on the poor member's very first post on these boards tippy?

After all - there is a little search box at teh top that anyone could reasonably enter something into that they are having an issue with.

A strongly worded letter to ebay itself would be a more appropriate action than taking issue with anyone else. Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

It's a 2 way street Beer. They could have been more gentle towards the (non existent for years) OP, instead of lashing out at them.

Message 28 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

I think sellers SHOULD be allowed to sell fakes PROVIDED they are forced to accept payment in photocopied money/notes.

Message 29 of 68
Latest reply

Selling Replica Items

from lookig at items in my category you need an account in a non-english speaking country or they delete it - Asian ones or Israel for instance. They may do something about it but 6 months after they juice enough fees. Lots of Ni ke stuff around which is obviously not even close to Nike in ebays view.

Message 30 of 68
Latest reply