Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

If they can do that to donna - there's no hope for anybody.

donna, wondered where you've been.  Haven't seen you for yonks

Message 101 of 330
Latest reply

@jpamboris wrote:
Is there any evidence of anyone actually having the account reinstated? I am yet to see one as yet but i may be wrong.

I have seen exactly one.

Abother DVD seller who was dropshipping, wasn't really able to fathom the actual reason for the suspension (it was well before the defect system was introduced) but was indefinitely suspended from selling.

They eventually managed to have the decision overturned, pretty much through sheer will and perserverance - it was an exception to the rule, but at least it shows exceptions are possible, however few and far between. 

Message 102 of 330
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:
That's terrible, Donna. 59 000 approx good transactions means nothing to eBay now?

Doesn't seem to when you speak to customer support

Photobucket
Message 103 of 330
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@jpamboris wrote:
Is there any evidence of anyone actually having the account reinstated? I am yet to see one as yet but i may be wrong.

I have seen exactly one.

I have also seen one, our famous repeat shill bidder. She had already created new shilling accounts when they reinstated her original account, which was NARU'd due to shill bidding. Since then she has been 'buying' items from her other account, back and forth, to increase her feedback scores. That is evident by feedback left on both accounts and also feedback left for others on both accounts.

I don't know if they have placed and restrictions on her account, but on her lower feedback ID, her amount of auctions have dropped right off and she's getting very few bids since most of her shilling accounts were NARU'd. There is another new buyer with 0 feedback so my guess is she has created another new account, but laying low for the moment.

Her higher feedback account seems to be running as normal.

Message 104 of 330
Latest reply

Im sorry to hear that..Im getting a bit emotional over the whole thing. Especially since they have done it to you as well..

My son just rang up as i sent him the petition and he said whats happened now?

I left work to do ebay as it was stress free at the time ...WHAT WAS I THINKING...How long was the suspension for Donna. Was it from defects.? Im listing my whole garden ( almost ) up for sale as Im OVER THIS ..Might retire early.

Message 105 of 330
Latest reply

sorry , I just read the links

Message 106 of 330
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

@jpamboris wrote:

I have seen exactly one.

I have also seen one, our famous repeat shill bidder. She had already created new shilling accounts when they reinstated her original account, which was NARU'd due to shill bidding. 

I am not questioning whether the account is involved in shill bidding, but eBay will never share the reasons why an account was made NARU, and/or whether it's temporary, indefinite, or permanent (eg an account can be made temporarily NARU for delayed payment of fees), so it's difficult to compare the two scenarios without that info. 

In the OP's case, and the one I referred to, it was made clear the account restriction / suspension was permanent. 

Message 108 of 330
Latest reply

@englishrosegardens wrote:

Is it worthy of a permanent ban? I said at the start of my previous post that I didn't think it was, but the defect system is partly aimed at stopping people listing what they can't supply and the punishment has to be severe enough to be a deterrent.

Tell that to China.

Message 109 of 330
Latest reply

The thing is though Chinese sellers can add a tracking number that is not tracked outside of China and just shows the destination country. I would assume they have plenty of spare tracking numbers to trade between themselves.

They never used to show on the Australia Post site but I am fairly sure that tracking events would show on the china post site (for Australia), but not anymore. At least none of mine do anymore.

Message 110 of 330
Latest reply