Sendle lost my parcel won't reimburse me ..buyer wants their money

I used Sendle to ship my ebay sale.. the buyer had paid $71 including post for this item. Sendle picked it up from my house scanned it into their system and then it disappeared. Three weeks later after my buyer complained, Sendle says the parcel is lost. What's worse is they are refusing to reimburse me the cost if the lost parcel. My ebay buyer is obviously expecting a refund. But why should I be out of pocket $71 because of Sendle's negligence. what can I do?
Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Sendle lost my parcel won't reimburse me ..buyer wants their money

To follow up,  Sendle immediately refunded the postage I'd paid. The insurance process was simple and they accepted it quickly. The bad news is that they have a $100 excess and my item was actually $110 (not the more expensive item) so I got $10 back!. So I got my $40 postage refunded plus $10.  I once had a damaged parcel by AusPost, including delivery of a bag of broken glass to a customer (who had the good sense to refuse to accept it) and they made it very hard for me to put in a claim, and then it got lost (apparently) and then I gave up. So 4 years later I still don't have my money back from Aus Post. Sendle seems to be trying hard to provide a reasonable service. The fact that they lost a parcel so soon after I started using them.....maybe I was just unlucky?

Message 31 of 51
Latest reply

When you think of the hundreds, even thousands, of parcels being delivered daily by Australia Post and larger couriers it is a miracle there are not more parcels going missing.

Message 32 of 51
Latest reply

I am just waiting for an update on a missing parcel sent with Sendle (I am the buyer). We (myself and the seller) have no idea what happened. The tracking is all messed up. It says it was delivered before it was picked up, then it was signed with a weird signature (absolutely impossible in terms of time, as according to Google the minimum time needed between the seller's location and mine would be 2 hours (with no stops).

Either the scanning machine went berserk or I have no idea what happened. Surely they cannot have delivered it to a totally different location 2 hours from my place?

I hope if they don't find it that the seller gets their money back, as the tracking clearly indicates that something went wrong with Sendle.

Missing Parcel.JPG

Message 33 of 51
Latest reply

Can different scans get mixed up if their tracking system or maybe their scanner has a problem?

Message 34 of 51
Latest reply

Just wanted to share my experience with Sendle. Sent pressure cooker from Melbourne to Sydney, took them almost twoo weekes. Cooker arrived badly damaged - and it's not a fragile item, it's stainless steel... Reply from Sendle was pretty arrogant - sorry can't help.

They don't take any responcibility and don't provide any cover for damage/loss.

So BEWARE

Message 35 of 51
Latest reply

Open a case for Not as Described with ebay money back guarantee.

If older than 30 days, open one in Paypal, but subscribe to their refund for returns.

Paypal give you 180 days to open a case. 

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

You shouldn't be out of pocket for that.

Message 36 of 51
Latest reply

I suppose when they charge $25 to carry something that Australia Post would charge $100+ for then something somewhere has to give. I guess that something is insurance cover
Message 37 of 51
Latest reply

Keep calling, the problem is with these other courier companys they always sub contract there work, same as the building industry.
There isnt a limit to sub contracting, For example it could of gone through 3 compaines and a sole trader delivery driver. 
If they are saying its lost.. it really is lost.

Try bargain with them for a deal because your item was MIA.

Message 38 of 51
Latest reply

The majority of courier companies have sub contractors......a few have a couple of company drivers (employees) but otherwise all the work is done by subbies.

And to further divest themselves of any responsibility those sub contractors have to be Pty Ltd companies in their own right.  Most sub contractors are Sole Traders.

Message 39 of 51
Latest reply

1 out of 3 parcels disappeared the one and only time we used them. Their "investigations" are a joke and probably just lip service. When I asked them where my goods were, they seemed more worried about informing me I would not qualify for their insurance. If you think dealing with a company with a 66% success rate who also doesn't care less about loosing your goods is acceptable then use them.

Message 40 of 51
Latest reply