Slow sales? ... i think i now know why...

aandnb
Community Member

Is eBay submitting to Google wrong item pages ? or is that just a cynical use of my product pages to attract customers from Google and then send them to shop with "premium sellers"? You'd be the judge of that...

1) Searched Google today for "1n4001 Melbourne". My ebay product page (for item "1N4001 diodes") comes up on Google on page one position 4 to 6. (great...now lets click that link to buy...)

2) Clicked the link from Google page and hit the Ebay page for my product with ebay saying that "i ended this item". Bull crap, i did not end this item it is on auto renewal and has been on auto renewal for years. This product is prominently featured in my store (which i bloody pay monthly subscription fees for) for years and TO DATE.

3) Ebay prominently display "other" sellers on my own product landing page (which supposedly was "ended").

4) Conclusion, another perfect example of how customers are being divested from my own product pages to other sellers in broad day light. My products are being used to attract Google customers and then divested to other sellers once they hit my actual ebay product page.

5) Print screen, Print screen, Print screen......

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Slow sales? ... i think i now know why...

umm, I went into your store and searched for 1N4001 melbourne and it didn't come up. Maybe the listing really has ended?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You don't have Melbourne in your listing titles, no wonder it didn't come up.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

sorry, I see, you are putting in melbourne in google for the location.

Anyway, I did another google search and it did indeed bring up a listing for the same item that you ended on 9th may. Item number: 150518051075. So it's bringing up an old listing.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

aandnb
Community Member

@beach_and_home

Exactly my point. I did not end this item (which ebay say i did). The item is live and well here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-X-1N4001-Rectifier-Diode-IN4001-1N-4001-1N4001RL-/151042224824?pt=LH_Def...

This item has bee on auto relist (good till canceled) for years. Why is ebay all of a sudden say i ended it over the google product landing page and why are there different item numbers on the google-ebay landing pages and my  actual "live" store product listings ???

P.S.
I just checked 10 more items from my store (all auto re-list/good till canceled) and they are all displaying the same symptoms as described in my 1st post. ebay say i ended these items when i did not.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Hi,my sales are really slow,wondering whats happenning? I checked google just then for capo and mine came up on front page but still no sales.time to wait and see again.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Hi aandnb, not sure what's happening to your listings, but the example you put the link to is a different item number. That listing is item number 151042224824, which is different to the one that I found when I googled. All I'm saying is that the item number that google found is really truly ended, whether you ended it or not. They are two different item numbers so they are not the same listing. Are you sure you didn't end the item and restart it because you changed it or something?

Actually, just noticed that the current listing says it started on 9th May. So I wonder if there was a glitch in ebay, maybe the listing clicked over as per usual but changed it's item number, which it's not supposed to? But, if you look at the ended item number, it only has 3 sales on it, so it certainly hasn't been running for years?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Guys we are missing the point.

My product listing which eBay uses to attract Google shoppers with is completely bogus!

1) I never ended this item like ebay now say (or any of the other few dozen of items in my shop which are displaying the same symptoms now). They are all on "good till canceled" for a few years now.

2) This particular item was sold dozens of times throughout the years (much more then what ebay now say it was (only 3 times).

3) Why isn't ebay directing the google customer to my *current* up to date live product listing and instead using this supposedly "ended" bogus product page to funnel my customers to other (premium?) sellers.

4) IMO, this is no glitch. Its a freaking policy!  i know my products, i know how much of them were sold and when and i would have known if i ended any of them around the 9th of May. I DID NOT. 

The information presented by ebay on my (google link) product landing pages are completely bogus and are simply used to funnel shoppers elsewhere.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply