Sneeky Final Value & Shipping Fees increase to 10.9%

Don't know if anyone was made aware of the increase of the Final Value Sale and Final Value Postage has now increased to 10.9%

I have 3 different accounts and none have received any notification of fees increasing.

Another ripoff from eBay.  Sellers are the only reason eBay exists.  The way eBay keep leaning towards the Buyer almost makes selling here near impossible to make a profit.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Sneeky Final Value & Shipping Fees increase to 10.9%

@rosebudcottageantiques wrote:

Just saw that fees are now 10.9% .. I have been selling on eBay for many years and it was originally 2.9% !!

I too remember the old days of lower fees.  I also remember that I had to pay a listing fee on every listing even on unsold items, and I got one pic for free and had to pay 25 cents for any other pics, and you paid a fee to include a Buy-It-Now price on your listing, and you paid a fee for scheduling a listing to start at a future date, and the listing fee was increased if the starting price was increased, and the final value fee had a tiered structure which meant you paid much more in fees if your auction item reached a higher price i.e. 7.9% on amounts over $75 (from memory).

Bottom line is, as pointed out in a previous post on this thread, savvy sellers factor all the costs of doing business when setting their auction start price and P&H costs.  Those who don't will not make money and fall by the wayside.

Message 31 of 49
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

We are paying GST on eBay's FEES, not the postage, not the goods. eBay's FEES.

Have a look at your account.

There is a slight impost on postage FVF but it's not that significant:

500g parcel  $6.75

inc GST        $0.67 (included in purchase price)

Total             $7.42

eBay FVF     $0.70 (@ 9.5%)

added GST  $0.07

Total             $0.77

So after the "Netflix Tax" a small parcel FVF now costs 7 cents more than it did before (I won't be losing any sleep).

It still gets up my nose that eBay charge us $0.70 for a service they don't provide in the first place.

Message 32 of 49
Latest reply

@dazzledayz wrote:

It still gets up my nose that eBay charge us $0.70 for a service they don't provide in the first place.

The service is the platform that ebay supplies whereby you can sell your goods.

Message 33 of 49
Latest reply

Well, I have been selling on ebay for around 17 years now (3 accounts) & I have decided to stop listing most items recently as its just not worth my while anymore as between the 10.9% on listings and postage charges and along with Paypal's take (virtually 100% of people pay this way now & besides it seems that things are just not selling like they used to (well, the types of things I list anyway) - Facebook works well for selling stuffs & doesn't cost you a cent in fees & you don't have to post, its been a good experince over the years but unfortunately I think ebay has just gotten too greedy, just my personal opinion.

Message 34 of 49
Latest reply

**bleep**, no excuse to rip people off
Message 35 of 49
Latest reply

mj_v2.0
Community Member
As soon as you make a comment against eBayer their little 1% supporters will come and abuse you for saying this. I agree. Haters bag it out, no doubltly big stores, itโ€™s the little ones fkd over. Jump on this, I was threatened about debt collection in a daily email for I
unpaid fees while incarcerated. Like I could pay them from
inside. Greed
Message 36 of 49
Latest reply

What about people that couldnโ€™t get access to internet, some people are locked up or in hospital for years to months. Iโ€™m the formore, come out to eBay BS
Message 37 of 49
Latest reply

@mj_v2.0 wrote:
As soon as you make a comment against eBayer their little 1% supporters will come and abuse you for saying this. I agree. Haters bag it out, no doubltly big stores, itโ€™s the little ones fkd over. Jump on this, I was threatened about debt collection in a daily email for I
unpaid fees while incarcerated. Like I could pay them from
inside. Greed

Smiley LOL And ebay was supposed to know you were incarcerated?

Of course they wanted to get their fees.  If you don't pay then you can expect a debt collector to come after you.

Message 38 of 49
Latest reply

Maybe if you didn't keep breaking the law, you wouldn't be incarcerated. Not eBay's fault. How were they to know? If you do a break enter and steal, you get locked up. If you steal from eBay, they send the debt collectors. Consider yourself lucky that's all you got.

Message 39 of 49
Latest reply

Exactly... Ebay have become too big for their own boots..The Seller gets screwed over every time... Ebay used to be fun, but now its just a big greedy ' Pig'...

Message 40 of 49
Latest reply