So I got a Neg!

So after 1700+ positive it was bound to happen I guess.

Partly my fault for being a bit lazy in the listing desciption I guess.

Now I went a gave the buyer a refund once the goods were returned, my question is, is it worthwhile asking for the Neg to be removed now that I have refunded the buyer? Or should I just let it roll off over the next 12 months?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: So I got a Neg!

The neg is already on page 3, I wouldn't worry, don't think it will effect your sales.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You will have two chances of getting such a NEG removed.

And one of them is Buckley's.

Its even difficult to get a NEG removed when its bleedin obvious it has nothing to do with the seller.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Dont understand how one neg could have knocked your rating down to 97.1 %, one of our oyher ID s has similiar feedback rating with one neg and is 98.4 %, who can work the sysyem out, not even Ebay apparently .

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Reading the description, I'm guessing all 6 bidders thought the same,

that the albums held stamp collections, not empty.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Yeh. Thats why I had no problem in the end with a refund.

I cocked up. 😛

Will relist item with a revised description and see what happens!

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

The neg is already on page 3, I wouldn't worry, don't think it will effect your sales.

image host
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Is it absolutely worth trying to protect your 100% rating if possible. If you leave it, you may never get it back.

I've had plenty of negs removed by asking the buyer to appreciate that your feedback rating is your livelyhood and you simply made a mistake and then issued a refund. Some people will remove the neg, others wont but it's always worth trying IMHO.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

agree with Clarry, you will have buckleys getting that one removed.
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

If you're ever selling something that has nothing in it you need to start your listing with the word EMPTY so there will be no confusion with a buyer.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

If I were a buyer and the seller asked me to remove that neg, I would not.

It was a fair enough comment.

That ad (if I am looking at the right one) is grossly unfair. It shows a photo of an album with stamps in it. If all the albums were empty or close to it, then that is misleading and we're not talking a $1 sale.

Okay, the seller did the right thing by refunding later.

But if feedback is to mean anything it has to be someone's true evaluation of the transaction & one where the ad was so grossly misleading-well, I can't see how anyone could evaluate it as either neg or neutral at best.

And I am not a vindictive type of buyer. That's just my take on it I guess.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply