Stupid offers.

Why do some buyers on Ebay send ridiculous low offers that are never going to be accepted.

You wouldn't go to a retail store and offer them a third of their advertised price and expect a positive outcome, so why on Ebay?

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Stupid offers.

I'm waiting for ET to report back how his best offer of 40% went over at Woolies. Or Coles. Or Harvey Norman. Or JB. Or Bunnings. Or Toy'R' Us. Or the RTA. Or his insurance company. Or his bank/landlord. Or his energy provider....

Message 61 of 66
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Love offers.   Love a market place that encourages bartering to set the market price - particularly in second hand markets.

Low offers that I have accepted have come at times when a boost in cashflow has been very much needed.

Accepted an offer last week that was $100 (more than 30%) under asking on one ID.  Still made a very nice profit indeed Cat Happy

Of course I decline silly billy low offers, but I don't take it personally. Takes but a minute to cut and paste a standard response and press send.

So you overprice in the expectation of getting a significantly lower offer? Or a mug at BIN?

Message 62 of 66
Latest reply

No.

Not at all.

Message 63 of 66
Latest reply

Okay. i bet you wish you could edit the post that said otherwise.

Message 64 of 66
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Okay. i bet you wish you could edit the post that said otherwise.

No.

Not at all.

It is not my problem that you are unable to understand that a flexible approach to selling can still bring you $$$ and profit, particualrly second hand goods where the market may be quite fluid at the best of times Cat LOL

Message 65 of 66
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

I dont have best offer on any of my listings and many listings have " all prices firm" written in the listing, but I still get a number of offers each week. Occasionally I will accept if the offer is reasonable and things are a bit slow, or the item has sat around for awhile, but I get a bit annoyed at people who offer less than half price for an item without the best offer option. To me that just seems a bit rude.

Ebay is a tough enough gig as it is, without having to deal with numbats like that. Life is too short to waste any time on those idiots.

That to me is a totally different scenario.

If you have a normal ebay listing and some bozo comes in and starts trying to beat you down when you haven't even got make an offer available, then that is plain rude. Especially if the offer is insultingly low.

I'd possibly think of blocking them too if they kept hassling me.

Message 66 of 66
Latest reply