Survey: Does your account qualify for the weekend listing promotion?

1) Does your account currently qualify for the weekend listing promotion?

Yes, it qualifies for the current weekend listing promotion.

No, it does not qualify for the current weekend listing promotion.

2) Did it previously qualify for the promotion before?

Yes, it has qualified for the promotion in the past.

No, it has never qualifed for the past weekend promotion.

3) When was the last time this account was used for selling (approximate)?

It is currently actively selling

The last selling activity was 1 month ago

The last selling activity was 3 months ago

The last selling activity was 6 months ago

The last selling activity was a long time ago

4) What is the registration date (year) of that account?

XXXX

If you have multiple accounts, please separate.

I'll begin:

Account No. 1

1) No, it does not qualify for the current weekend listing promotion.

2) Yes, it has qualified for the promotion in the past.

3) The last selling activity was 1 month ago

4) 2012

Account No. 2

1) No, it does not qualify for the current weekend listing promotion.

2) Yes, it has qualified for the promotion in the past.

3) The last selling activity was a long time ago

4) 2015

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Survey: Does your account qualify for the weekend listing promotion?

What is Whirlpool? Only Whirlpool I know was the washing machine we had when I was a kid "guess whose mum's got a Whirlpool?".

Apart from that, I don't respond to childish name calling.

Message 21 of 50
Latest reply

Whirlpool is just another open forum for the whingers, whiners, moaners and other assorted entitled people Tippy....much like this forum is being turned into.

Message 22 of 50
Latest reply

Every time there is a promotion, people ask things like "how come I didn't get one and you did?", "how does eBay decide who qualifies for one and who doesn't", etc. This goal of this post is one step closer to transparency but it seems like the "nasty clique" of this forum prefers more secrecy. Regardless of the success or failure of this post, I propose that, from now on, the regulars of this forum will hereby be informally refered to as the "Nasty Clique".

If you read the forums as much as you seem to be claiming, you'd know that there have been literally hundreds of discussions on why some accounts get certain promotions and other accounts don't.  Nobody has ever found any patterns in the past (because there weren't any) and they're not likely to do so now, which explains the reluctance of people to waste time replying to your survey.  Even if you did find a pattern (albeit an extremely tenuous one), would you want people to plan their businesses around it when it could easily change overnight?  Would you want to be responsible for any financial problems that arise from relying on the results of your survey?  I somehow doubt it.

I sure hope you never need help from the forums because it's usually the so-called regulars that provide the most needed answers/information.

Message 23 of 50
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Whirlpool is just another open forum for the whingers, whiners, moaners and other assorted entitled people Tippy....much like this forum is being turned into.

Many of whom have been banned from the ebay forums due to their nastiness. 

Message 24 of 50
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Regardless of the success or failure of this post, I propose that, from now on, the regulars of this forum will hereby be informally refered to as the "Nasty Clique".

That is a bit unfair, don’t you think?

I understand that some members take issue with some posters, but to now class all regulars as being in this so called “Nasty Clique” is an overreaction.

Apologies, my post written in haste. I meant to say the nasty regulars of this forum will hereby be known as the "nasty clique". If you're not a nasty regular that dogpiles on newbies with your fellow nasty clique, then I am not referring to you. The nasty clique knows who they are. I didn't even make up this term so obviously I'm not the only one that noticed this behaviour. Again, I won't be responding to users who have 8.000+ posts as they are obviously invested in their status here (financially or otherwise) so doing so would be a waste of time. I bring up Whirlpool because I am convinced that one of you used to regularly post there in a similarly nasty manner (helping people with contempt) years ago and the reason why you stopped posting there is that Whirlpool was getting sick of your behaviour so you were driven off. They had 10,000+ posts, the majority in eBay related threads.

Message 25 of 50
Latest reply

Well it was not me on Whirlpool.

I assume if you will not reply to posters with 8000 post here then I don't have a hope of you responding to me....I have in excess of 25000 post on these boards and 13000+ members have found my information useful.

There have been numerous references to the Nasty Clique but if those members are not named how do we know who you call nasty?

Message 26 of 50
Latest reply

Maybe you need to stop worshipping washing machines. That is the only Whirlpool I know about. I've heard of worshipping weird things, but washing machines is a new one to me! Each to their own. As you were. 

Message 27 of 50
Latest reply

Lyndal by your own admission you do not sell on ebay ever so am curious why you spend so much time on the ebay selling discussion board .. I see a lot of hostility and arguing from you but little else .. I  do not see this as contributing but as some kind of oppositional defiance disorder .. perhaps you could explain why you are here all the time arguing with people and kudoing aggressive posters in a very clique like and self congratulatory manner ..

AS for your comments about whirlpool they are totally off the mark .. whirlpool forums are a consumer discussion area where consumer products and services of all types are rated by people ..

Like I don't want to spoil anyones "fun" but do take objection when I see people being crowd mugged and treated biilligerantly by others .. perhaps I am missing something as am not here 24/7 to read every post but the level of aggression exhibited on these sellers boards between members does seem a bit inappropriate ..

Message 28 of 50
Latest reply

Perhaps you should follow your co-worker davewil1964's advice and read the myriad threads to find out you're wrong:

@go-tazz wrote:

I've had choicessecret.gif

The 40 free of listing fees per month,the 1.10 FVF or the $3.30 FVF's (now why would I select the $3.30 offer when I still have 3 to go on the $1.10 offer).tease.gif

Just finding it a bit difficult to find something else that might sell for over $50.blush-1.gif

Promotions..JPG

ONE seller getting "a" $1.10 promo isn't a myriad.  It's not the same promo as the $1 weekends either.  Apart from the fact that it's $1.10 rather than $1, the promos that we were getting on the weekends always had the same promo number and the terms didn't alter.  When the terms alter the promos get a new number.  The current promo go-tazz posted about is from 5th to 19th, so it's completely different to the previous weekend promo.

The Super Sundays (which later became the $1 weekends) ran for a while, stopped, and then ran continuously from 3rd June to the last weekend in May this year.  That's exactly 1 year so ebay may have decided to finish them.  It's rare that they go two months without giving some extra listings without insertion fees but perhaps they decided they don't want a lot of the secondhand stuff on the site while they're doing their current TV ads for "EOFY on ebay" and have given them a temporary hiatus.  I wouldn't hold my breath on that though.

Message 29 of 50
Latest reply

@ringinthedingding wrote:

Lyndal by your own admission you do not sell on ebay ever so am curious why you spend so much time on the ebay selling discussion board .. I see a lot of hostility and arguing from you but little else .. I  do not see this as contributing but as some kind of oppositional defiance disorder .. perhaps you could explain why you are here all the time arguing with people and kudoing aggressive posters in a very clique like and self congratulatory manner ..

AS for your comments about whirlpool they are totally off the mark .. whirlpool forums are a consumer discussion area where consumer products and services of all types are rated by people ..

Like I don't want to spoil anyones "fun" but do take objection when I see people being crowd mugged and treated biilligerantly by others .. perhaps I am missing something as am not here 24/7 to read every post but the level of aggression exhibited on these sellers boards between members does seem a bit inappropriate ..

Ahhhh, so it is all about washing machines. I KNEW it!

Message 30 of 50
Latest reply