Survey: Does your account qualify for the weekend listing promotion?

1) Does your account currently qualify for the weekend listing promotion?

Yes, it qualifies for the current weekend listing promotion.

No, it does not qualify for the current weekend listing promotion.

2) Did it previously qualify for the promotion before?

Yes, it has qualified for the promotion in the past.

No, it has never qualifed for the past weekend promotion.

3) When was the last time this account was used for selling (approximate)?

It is currently actively selling

The last selling activity was 1 month ago

The last selling activity was 3 months ago

The last selling activity was 6 months ago

The last selling activity was a long time ago

4) What is the registration date (year) of that account?

XXXX

If you have multiple accounts, please separate.

I'll begin:

Account No. 1

1) No, it does not qualify for the current weekend listing promotion.

2) Yes, it has qualified for the promotion in the past.

3) The last selling activity was 1 month ago

4) 2012

Account No. 2

1) No, it does not qualify for the current weekend listing promotion.

2) Yes, it has qualified for the promotion in the past.

3) The last selling activity was a long time ago

4) 2015

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Survey: Does your account qualify for the weekend listing promotion?

@thegaminggamer wrote:

Apologies, my post written in haste. I meant to say the nasty regulars of this forum will hereby be known as the "nasty clique". If you're not a nasty regular that dogpiles on newbies with your fellow nasty clique, then I am not referring to you. The nasty clique knows who they are. I didn't even make up this term so obviously I'm not the only one that noticed this behaviour.

Made up by 3 posters that hadn't posted on the boards for over 7 months,16 months and 4 years and 7 months  (yet you believe their accusations to be accurate when it's based on a few posts that they participated in).

Again, I won't be responding to users who have 8.000+ posts as they are obviously invested in their status here (financially or otherwise) so doing so would be a waste of time. 

So you will ignore the ones regarded as the most knowledgeable posters on the boards as YOU believe they have a vested interest instead of being the most helpful.

I bring up Whirlpool because I am convinced that one of you used to regularly post there in a similarly nasty manner (helping people with contempt) years ago and the reason why you stopped posting there is that Whirlpool was getting sick of your behaviour so you were driven off. They had 10,000+ posts, the majority in eBay related threads.

You will find you are probably also wrong on that point as the person in question sounds like one of ones that had their posts shut down in Community Spirit which had been going for years and when the boards were "overhauled" they  went to Whirlpool to vent against eBay (not to praise eBay).

As I showed I get the promotions because my "selling" is very much hit and miss with very few items now as

the items I used to sell I sold as a bulk lot because the sale price became to low for me to make it worthwhile.

Message 41 of 50
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

One for Lyndal...... No  Peeking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEC-lWSlmI

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL  Thank you....that made my day.

Message 42 of 50
Latest reply

@ringinthedingding wrote:

"I propose that, from now on, the regulars of this forum will hereby be informally refered to as the "Nasty Clique"."

I have to say it is not hard to come to that same conclusion .. my thought is also that anyone with resilience enough to stay on these boards posting thousands of times should be treated with suspicion .. 

really!!!!  Even the member who posted the original quote in that part of your post I have quoted has come here and clarified their position.

So you think that low post count members are in a better position to offer advice to those who come here seeking advice?

The one constant on these boards is the knowledge of the long posting regulars, knowledge that is freely and readily shared.

Unfortunately, some posters here emphasise what they see as the negative side of these boards while ignoring the positive side.

I’m going to now refer to this thread started by a member who is ‘new’ to posting on the boards:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/I-want-to-contact-a-buyer-who-bought-from-me-more-than-60-d...

The information that is most useful to that member comes from those of us regulars who know about ebay’s attitude about member-to-member communications.  How do we know about that stuff? Simple, from being regulars, from reading numerous accounts from members who come here seeking advice, from reading eBay policy, from other regulars, etc.

If the advice of regulars with post counts in the thousands is to be so readily dismissed then that member who asked about communications may well have found themselves banned from selling for 7 days if not forever as every member that replied were regulars with post counts in the thousands.  Also, many regulars chose to not post as they lent their support to posts that gave the Opening Poster correct and accurate advice through the process of giving kudo to posts that they agreed with.

Now, this is only one thread, but I am sure I could find dozens of others that would help me make the same point.  This one I have given was easy for me to find as I am one of the regulars who posted on it.

The questions I would ask of those members who have come to the boards complaining about this so called clique are:

- WHERE were you when members come here seeking advice?

- WHAT value have you added to these boards through constant and sustained sniping at ‘regulars’?

- WHEN are you going to stop with the sniping and contribute accurate help and advice?

- WHY are you confining your contributions to these threads that go around in circles in off-topic posts about cliques and regulars?

- WHY not broaden your contributions and help the ‘new to the boards’ members you claim to be standing up for?  I am sure that you have something positive to contribute AND we already know you are not devoid of vigour you can present in a post.

- OR, are you not as knowledgeable as you would have us believe you might be and mask this through confrontational posts as that excuses you from actually trying to help new board posters on the ‘help-needed’ threads rather than the ‘woe-is-me’ threads?

Message 43 of 50
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. This thread is getting off-topic and interpersonal. Remember interpersonal dispute and off-topic discussion are not allowed here. Off-topic post might be removed and thread might be locked. Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/...

Message 44 of 50
Latest reply

k1ooo, it would be interesting to know if the person you replied to, whether their comment regarding people with thousands of posts should be treated with suspicion, extends to our wonderful Mods, who also have thousands of posts? Gewens has in excess of 5000, so should s/he be treated with suspicion? I would like to hear from that person with suspicions, whether or not that is the case.

Give it a few days, us "regulars" will still be here, helping people where needed, but the new vocal minority will be going back to praising washing machines somewhere else. All hail the washing machine! Where would we be without them?

Message 45 of 50
Latest reply

@thegaminggamer wrote:

Hopefully this survey may help us sellers plan on our future.

**sorry in advance for this post. I couldn't help myself**

https://mobile.twitter.com/yespmquoter/status/854674404621647874

Message 46 of 50
Latest reply

Klooslr  said: "So you think that low post count members are in a better position to offer advice to those who come here seeking advice?"

Um not necessarily .. I said: "my thought is also that anyone with resilience enough to stay on these boards posting thousands of times should be treated with suspicion" ..

In answer to all your questions Klooslr I do not post here often due to the aggression levels on display by many of the long term regulars on these boards ..

I could simply leave it there but will expand somewhat as can see you have gone to a bit of trouble drafting your post and do not want to appear rude with a short response .. I have been selling and buying on ebay for about 20 years and have seen a lot of changes in that time and come to a few conclusions about ebay that are unfavourable .. I am a regular reader of these boards over that time ..

unfortunately I am not what could be termed as an "ebay fanboy" and am quite critical of much of ebay's manoeuvrings and shall we say "disruptive innovation" and have noted that my mindset is not welcomed here by long term ebay posters ingrained here who seem to think that everything ebay does in the Australian marketplace is above board and within the parameters of Australian consumer law.

I am dismayed that Australian based businesses have so much difficulty competing in the ecommerce arena and that our ACCC has allowed this situation to develop .. it comes as no surprise to me that many would think some of the ebay regulars posting here are in fact ebay employees, sycophants and/or trolls ..

on a side note; I await the changes coming down the pipe as paypal is eviscerated as the default payment provider here and replaced by ebay's turnkey escrow system ..

In summary; as I have indicated previously I am alarmed by the toxicity of social media in general which is why I generally avoid posting here .. best regards ..

Message 47 of 50
Latest reply

@ringin

if you read these boards long enough you would know that even the regular posters with thousands of feedback:

- do not think eBay is perfect

- think eBay tinker too much with their platform

- are well informed through reading eBay announcements and policy updates

- are critical of eBay when warranted

- help new posters who come here complaining of promotion codes not working

- do not pander to members who come here chucking a tanty and seeking attention

call it as it is some times even if it makes them look aggressive

- should be thanked for making the commitment over many years to keep posting helpful advice despite the now too regular attacks on their character

- get sick and tired of claims they/we work for eBay

- are confident enough to stand up to those who try to bully, intimidate and undermine them with with claims of "being toxic", "bullying", of being "eBay apologists" and numerous other slurs

Yes, regular posters with thousands of feedback are resilient and that is a badge that I would gladly wear with honour, unlike the members who drop in for a short time and stir things up then go away either willingly or because they get sanctioned due to their toxicity towards others.

Sometimes new posters coming here don't need a shoulder to cry on or "there, there, it will be okay" attitudes . . . they need "tough love" and education so they don't wallow in their own self pity.

I have lost count of the number of new posters who have come here vowing to never buy or sell on eBay following changes to policy only to see that years later they are still buying and selling on eBay.

For most months of the year these boards trundle along without conflict.  Then, someone buys in and doesn’t like what they read and start attacking regulars.  What you then see is regulars standing up for themselves.  That’s when these boards appear toxic.

An issue like the $1 fvf weekends is a prime example.  It was a promotion that ran for a long time, but put simply it was a gift and never advertised as something permanent.  Those who take issue with eBay stopping the promotion have a genuine right to voice their outrage disappointment, but a “there, there, you are right, eBay are wrong” response won’t help, but anything that doesn’t resemble this type of response gets labelled as bullying from an eBay employee.

Message 48 of 50
Latest reply

"Sometimes new posters coming here don't need a shoulder to cry on or "there, there, it will be okay" attitudes . . . they need "tough love" and education so they don't wallow in their own self pity."

.. in my opinion you and the people who kudo a post like that are only here to dish out your so called "tough love" in some kind of show off display of one up manship in outdoing each other for nastiness and thus it becomes clear to me that you and a few others here are looking for a free pass to continue the toxic behaviour and are completely unapologetic for the unnecessary hurt you are causing people who dare come to these boards and post anything that is removed from your cultish agenda of dishing out "tough love" .. 

Message 49 of 50
Latest reply

This thread has now been locked due to the continuation of interpersonal disputes and hostile comments. 

Please review the Discussion Board Policies and Content Policy for the eBay Australia Community. 

luna-2304

Community Moderator

Message 50 of 50
Latest reply