Thanks AP for losing my items!!!! Any alternative to these monkeys?

Well they've done it again and lost three separate parcels, two were actually to the same delivery centre but to different towns, and both sent on the same day. The other, who knows!!!!

I am sick and tired of AP costing me money in losing my items. I'm averaging around 8 parcels a month lost thanks to the incompetence of our absolutely useless delivery service.

Thier compensation was to send a replacemnt C&S satchel!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!! We continue to pay your over inflated price for slow delivery, and seem to pay more for it evey few months for WHAT?!!!!!!!!!

I am seriously over it! My business is doing pretty good but any complaint I have ever got from customers is the delivery.

I really hope they reduce thier service down to two days a week like I saw in the news a while back. This might bring some long needed competition in and shut this zoo down.

Now my vent is out but far from over.

So is there any alternative to these half wits? Or am I doomed?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Thanks AP for losing my items!!!! Any alternative to these monkeys?

deliver yourself, offer pick up only or utilize a courier service.Take out insurance?

You do seem to have more missing parcels than most though, perhaps ask Aus Post to investigate this freaky phenomenon?

Are your labels clear?

Maybe there is a processing issue at your local centre.

Have you brought all of your situations to Aus Post so that a pattern can be established?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Is C&S policy different to using normal AP satchels and going into your PO to send things? I had thought they were meant to compensate you up to a certain amount for the items sent, am I wrong?

I think ive had one or two things go missing in all my time selling on ebay, since 2001, I dont use C&S.

It sounds a bit dodgey to me, I think the problem could be with somone in the delivery center or the postie him/herself. I would ask for an investigation, also find out how many other items go missing from the same center.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Wow! Your loss rate is very high compared to us.

We normally average about 1 in 500 getting lost and ours are all by large letter.

Although about a month ago we had a really bad run for a couple of weeks, but it seems to have settled down again now.

So I would be raising this issue more seriously with AP as this does seem high.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Hey, Sassy. Been away?

OP - Standard Click and Send SHOULD give you $50 cover. But you will probably have to push it with AP to get a satisfactory resolution. Are they definitely lost? ie Staus showing as in transit?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Add insurance, it can be purchased without SOD now and is cheaper if you don't want to cover refunds yourself.

I have only had a couple of parcels and one letter go missing in over a decade so I am not about to start adding any extra costs, the money I have saved will more than cover the cost of any refunds.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

@mcoptimus wrote:

I am sick and tired of AP costing me money in losing my items. I'm averaging around 8 parcels a month lost thanks to the incompetence of our absolutely useless delivery service.

Averaging 8 parcels a month, that is nearly a 100 a year. That is serious stuff. Sounds like you need to book an appointment with your local postal manager to see what can be done about these issues. I assume your PO already has a file full of PM26s that you have lodged? What became of any previous complaint lodgements?

- edited to correct Friday evening typos -

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@ Crikey.

I can't deliver myself as I send all over the country, pickup is available, as for courier service. Any recomendations?

I have spoken with my local PO and they just look at me with a blank expression and say they don't know.

Most of my missing items are in AP's PB2 bags and the labels printed on them. I can't put anymore than a standard $1.40 stamp on those as the item price is low and to keep in competition this is the way it has to be. Although, I am trying to work out a way, on my ad, to convince customers somehow to buy from me because I use registered post. Not sure on how to word this yet....

I also get a few of the C&S satchels go walkies.

I have rung AP on many occassions and I might aswell carve my eyeballs out with a butter knife. As for the $50 compensation, I ask about this, as it used to be $80, then on the last time they lost a parcel they said it was $50, and now they said they have dropped it all together and the best I will get is a replacement bag.

Adding insurance I think I will just have to do and cop the $$$ as if I raise the cost I won't sell. But I can only do this with the larger C&S items. The lost PB2's, even adding registered will not make selling viable as of the low sell price on the item. But they compliment the other items and bring people into the store, so I need to keep selling them.

This last missing parcel, the tracking just says it was lodged in at the PO I go to, and thats it.
 In my phone conversation with AP today whilst we were talking about this missing parcel, I said to him that I have two more that are misisng but we'll discuss it after we get this one done. When he announce the amazing compensation I will be getting for their incompetence, I told him I won't waste my breathe with the other two as nothing will be achieved, and he gave a slight chuckle like he agreed with me.

I really don't know what else to do. I feel like sending an invoice to AP for my lost revenue, not that will achive anything. Just very frustrated I am.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@mcoptimus wrote:

@ Crikey.

I can't deliver myself as I send all over the country,

you didn't quantify earlier, you just asked for suggestions.

pickup is available,

Good - AP can't lose anything that way.

as for courier service. Any recomendations?

I like e-go - had nothing but great experiences and they are cheap as chips. Others diagree with me and will suggest trying a brokerage copmpany called Termando (or something like that)

I have spoken with my local PO and they just look at me with a blank expression and say they don't know.

First rule of law - admit nothing.

Most of my missing items are in AP's PB2 bags and the labels printed on them.

I have no idea what they are, I'm sorry.

I can't put anymore than a standard $1.40 stamp on those as the item price is low and to keep in competition this is the way it has to be.

I think I may have identified a potential problem. Could it be that as you have no tracking that not every p[arcel is really lost and thus not all Aus Posts' fault?

Although, I am trying to work out a way, on my ad, to convince customers somehow to buy from me because I use registered post. Not sure on how to word this yet....

It's a tough one. - But inside the add is too late - the customer will make up their mind on the front page and total overall costs on most cheaper items. By the time they come to narrowing down from who they wish to purchase, you have already been discarded.

I also get a few of the C&S satchels go walkies.

If you lodge over the counter at the PO and make sure they scan the item in, you have PayPal protection.

I have rung AP on many occassions and I might aswell carve my eyeballs out with a butter knife.

I know that feeling well.

As for the $50 compensation, I ask about this, as it used to be $80, then on the last time they lost a parcel they said it was $50, and now they said they have dropped it all together and the best I will get is a replacement bag.

Adding insurance I think I will just have to do and cop the $$$ as if I raise the cost I won't sell. But I can only do this with the larger C&S items. The lost PB2's, even adding registered will not make selling viable as of the low sell price on the item. But they compliment the other items and bring people into the store, so I need to keep selling them.

This last missing parcel, the tracking just says it was lodged in at the PO I go to, and thats it.
 In my phone conversation with AP today whilst we were talking about this missing parcel, I said to him that I have two more that are misisng but we'll discuss it after we get this one done. When he announce the amazing compensation I will be getting for their incompetence, I told him I won't waste my breathe with the other two as nothing will be achieved, and he gave a slight chuckle like he agreed with me.

I really don't know what else to do. I feel like sending an invoice to AP for my lost revenue, not that will achive anything. Just very frustrated I am.

With the amount of loss that you have, I would

a) change my product so that i can use satchels/trackable post, with signature/insurance if you really want to and lodge them over the counter -

b) if I wanted to keep the same product, concentrate on bulk selling or promoting combined post so that I could utilize satchels/packaging with tracking.

c) choose a product that will bear enough mark up to cover/justify the required postage and other expenses to make it worth your while being in business.

Best of luck with it

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@mcoptimus wrote:

Most of my missing items are in AP's PB2 bags and the labels printed on them. I can't put anymore than a standard $1.40 stamp on those as the item price is low and to keep in competition this is the way it has to be.

Oh, I thought you were talking parcels, am pretty sure you said that earlier re an average of 8 a month. Did not realise you were talking about letters/large letters sorry. Apparently AP would like to help people find their missing items though!

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/missing-mail-items.html

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply