The REAL No Sales, current technical fault with ebay.

One of my reliable selling accounts has not made a sale for NINE DAYS !!!!

This is unheard of so I phoned up ebay CS. Turns out there is a technical problem affecting some accounts at the moment. This results in no sales AT ALL. Ebay is aware of the problem and forwarded my account to their technichnical team. I asked about compensation and the CS rep also forwarded my account to a department to look at providing compensation once the account was restored.

So if you have been achieving consistent sales and they have suddenly stopped, it may be worth giving CS a call.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

The only thing that's consistent is the inconsistency of selling on this platform.

On the flipside.... yesterday was our biggest single day so far this tax year.

Mind you still not very big comparing to waht it was like a few years back.

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

That's terrible. I hope ebay is working hard to fix it.

As a regular seller, you probably realised something was way off but a number of smaller sellers or those who don't have consistent sales might just put it down to maybe their ads or their products or 'the market' and that isn't fair as they may well be paying to

advertise.

You'd think at the very least ebay would be rushing to identify the affected accounts & refunding any fees to those sellers.

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

The CS rep was very helpful and didnt try to fob me off with the " nothing to see here " response that ebay may have used in the past. She said they had had a number of similar complaints recently, but it seemed you had to actually phone up and complain to get anything done.

One interesting thing was I was viewing and re-viewing my sales graph for the last month, while on the phone to the technical team. At one point, the graph presented with a high $$$ sales reading at the start of the 30 days, ( a correct figure ) decreasing in a smooth downward radius curve to nothing a week ago, with sales compressed to fit the downward graph curve. Obviously this was a representation of how ebays systems where viewing my sales. A bit of CS fiddling later, the graph returned to normal.

All up a bit of a worry and who knows how long my selling account will be down for.

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Is the issue that listings are not showing or that they cannot be purchased. 

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Might explain why one week I had a sales surge and the next it all went flat.

I thought their mythical throtlling system was just going through its thing.

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Well if they're not showing, how can they be purchased?

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

@pnc75 wrote:

Well if they're not showing, how can they be purchased?

I know what you're saying, but I just thought I'd mention it's still a valid question as things like visibility in search results and an item actually being able to be purchased don't rely on one another (eg direct links to listings from other sites, items already in carts or on watch lists, purchase history,  links in FB profiles, etc are all ways someone can visit a listing with them still being technically invisible in general searches). 

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

Apologies for bothering to post. Won't happen again.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

Well... That's a bit of an odd reaction to someone simply adding a couple of points in addition to yours, but ok. 😕 

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply